Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colleges that accept FEMA and NFA online courses after TESC/FCC credit is issued?
Hello everyone, I've been quietly reading over this forum and others relating this this topic for a few weeks on a off and I really appreciate all of the great advice.

I've read that TESC and FCC will give credit for FEMA Independent Study courses and that Clackamas CC and Guam CC may as well. As far as I know, these are the only 4 doing this.

First question: Does anyone know of any other schools that have accepted the credit straight from FEMA or who will give credit as TESC and FCC do?

My next question relates to transferring those FEMA/FCC credits to another institution. Can we please list the schools who have accepted credits issued for FEMA courses toward that schools degree programs? For example, I asked UF (Florida) if they would accept FCC credits towards their emergency management degree and was told they would not...So who takes them?

Thanks in advance
Excelsior will accept FEMA credits that are on a FCC transcript.
Excelsior will accept NFA credits that are on an ACE transcript.
Red Rocks Community college in Denver will take roughly 30 FEMA credits RAW. They are listed as taking ACE recommendations, but I have not checked specifically for NFA credit yet. If you are out of state it's expensive to take courses there. If you are in state it's less expensive but not the greatest for a community college. If you take one course there they will put all your FEMA credit that they take on a transcript. They will take the credit towards your required classes for an emergency management type degree.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
So they must be on a transcript? I have taken serveral FEMA courses online becasue of my current position with a local government.

peace123 Wrote:Excelsior will accept FEMA credits that are on a FCC transcript.
Excelsior will accept NFA credits that are on an ACE transcript.
Guam community college has an as in emergency management that takes something like 27 FEMA IS classes raw.
How much of the remaining credits will Guam CC accept as CLEP/DSST/transfer from another school? Is it possible to pursue the AAS EM from Guam CC 100% through test, transfer, or (cheap) online courses?
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Bellevue University in Nebraska claims to accept ACE credit raw so I don't see why FEMA/NFA wouldn't be accepted.

Bellevue University | Non-Traditional Learning

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

Pretty sure FEMAs are not ACE approved, only the butt-in-seat versions.

Relevant: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...-40-a.html

CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems

UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

dcan Wrote:How much of the remaining credits will Guam CC accept as CLEP/DSST/transfer from another school? Is it possible to pursue the AAS EM from Guam CC 100% through test, transfer, or (cheap) online courses?

They accept clep and dsst as well as transfers of credit from regionally accredited schools. The current college catalog cites a 12 credit residency requirement at 135 a credit for non-guam residents or 160 a credit for non-us residents. From what I understand about the program they charge a $30 flat fee to transcribe the FEMA classes. It may be possible to use that transcript to transfer the credits to another college but that would depend on the accepting institutions policies. As always YMMV.
Thanks. I'm actually interested in the EM degree or cert itself, not using it to wash the FEMA credits for use elsewhere. My wife and stepson are both interested in this and I'd love to find them a viable path. Clackamas is out because it does not have an agreement with our state.

I sent GCC a series of questions, hopefully they can take the courses online or via transfer or something else, since travel to Guam is pretty much out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best and Worst Colleges for Veterans sanantone 9 5,623 09-05-2023, 03:20 AM
Last Post: AUDACITY4U
  Converting Dive training to Colleges credit vetvso 9 1,790 09-16-2022, 04:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 26,610 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,895 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,824 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Navy BootCamp Credit natshar 9 2,351 03-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,906 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Courses for DOD 22gunsonfire 25 13,782 03-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  T-Mobile and Fourblock launch online mooc program for veterans MNomadic 0 1,982 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Only 722 total veterans in top 36 most highly selective colleges! Life Long Learning 3 2,091 03-03-2018, 12:14 AM
Last Post: dfrecore