Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Columbus Business School or UCLA Anderson School of Management?
(07-07-2020, 04:12 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: These two programs get you official alumni status and listed in their alumni directory.  Does eCornell? I hate that name.

Don't know. I've never looked to be listed in an alumni directory. Not something I'm interested in. You can research this on the Cornell site. A certificate is hardly the same thing as completing a degree at these universities.
Columbia Business School Degree = alumni status, in alumni directory of 47,000, and lifetime CBS email
Columbia Business School CIBE Certificate = alumni status, in alumni directory of 47,000, and lifetime CBS email

Columbia Business School MOOC = 3rd party paper only (not a member of the club).  No real personal branding here!

I bet eCornell is the third one?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(07-07-2020, 06:28 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Columbia Business School Degree = alumni status, in alumni directory of 47,000, and lifetime CBS email
Columbia Business School CIBE Certificate = alumni status, in alumni directory of 47,000, and lifetime CBS email

Columbia Business School MOOC = 3rd party paper only (not a member of the club).  No real personal branding here!

I bet eCornell is the third one?

What do you want out of the certificate? If you want your GI Bill funding to buy you an email address, then get the cert that buys you the email address you want. Education - especially continuing education - is about getting you something you want but don't already have.

Only you can decide whether this is knowledge, a brand association, or an email address.
I want the best life long learning this nation has.  I don't need degrees as I have three retirements.  A 4th career is a long shot.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(07-07-2020, 11:25 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: I want the best life long learning this nation has.  I don't need degrees as I have three retirements.  A 4th career is a long shot.

That's a question absolutely no one here but you can answer - 'the best' is going to be about what you personally value and prioritise.

You haven't given us much more information other than the name of the school, the name of the certificate, the cost (???), and one type of ranking. Since the cost doesn't matter, that one's out, certificate name I've already covered but I'm gathering this certificate isn't for employment purposes so that one's out, ranking is debatable and depends on what purpose you see the certificate being for, and school name is debatable and depends on what purpose you see the certificate being for.

So figure out what you actually want this certificate to do for you, and the decision should become clear.
[-] The following 2 users Like innen_oda's post:
  • Life Long Learning, ss20ts
The Cert. from UCLA sounds better. Maybe also do the Cert. From Cornell in Business Economics. Plus the athletics and apparel is much better at UCLA.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Ecornell does not provide alumni status,

I would go for the one that provide alumni status in the ivy, especially if you don’t need the cert anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
[-] The following 1 user Likes posabsolute's post:
  • Life Long Learning
UCLA Extension provides alumni status. You could do a leadership certificate, Business Communications,
Marketing, Or Homeland Security for around $3800.

Sent from my BagPhone using DegreeForum.net
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
  • Life Long Learning
(07-12-2020, 10:41 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: UCLA Extension provides alumni status. You could do a  leadership certificate, Business Communications,

Excellent find! 

Emergency Management & Homeland Security Certificate, $4300
https://www.uclaextension.edu/business-m...d-security

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • videogamesrock
(07-12-2020, 11:12 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 10:41 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: UCLA Extension provides alumni status. You could do a  leadership certificate, Business Communications,

Excellent find! 

Emergency Management & Homeland Security Certificate, $4300
https://www.uclaextension.edu/business-m...d-security

Their certificates look attractive too.

Sent from my typewriter.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
  • Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,613 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 242 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,320 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 320 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 437 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 576 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 256 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  ACSOM - Caribbean Medical School (New!) bjcheung77 9 1,038 09-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Duneranger