Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commercial Pilot's License
In order to gain your Commercial Pilot's License, you need 250 hours of flight time. What counts as that Flight time? Can you count paragliding towards some of that flight time? Obviously not all but I'm wondering if you would be able to count maybe 50 hours of Paragliding or such towards the 250 total? What about the ATP license, can you use Aero Chute piloting or Paragliding towards any of that 1500?
I'm not super familiar but I thought it was X numbers of powered flight specifically. Something like paragliding or being in an engine-less glider wouldn't count if that is the case.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-20-2020, 04:57 PM)RoyalSpade Wrote: In order to gain your Commercial Pilot's License, you need 250 hours of flight time. What counts as that Flight time? Can you count paragliding towards some of that flight time? Obviously not all but I'm wondering if you would be able to count maybe 50 hours of Paragliding or such towards the 250 total? What about the ATP license, can you use Aero Chute piloting or Paragliding towards any of that 1500?

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/skywe...ble%20time.

Short, yes, glider time counts
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
This is your captain speaking, I have 1500 hours in a paraglider and this is my first hour in a Boeing 777.  All these buttons and screens are confusing so it's going to be a real adventure, GL to us.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • rachel83az
(12-20-2020, 11:42 PM)LevelUP Wrote: This is your captain speaking, I have 1500 hours in a paraglider and this is my first hour in a Boeing 777.  All these buttons and screens are confusing so it's going to be a real adventure, GL to us.

I couldn't stop laughing for very long time. Lol Big Grin
I am better to have a break and have a cup of coffee 
Lol
I'm a licensed pilot.

The hours that count towards ratings must be made in aircraft that are registered with the FAA (N-numbered aircraft). Ultralights don't count.

A paraglider and a glider aren't the same thing. You will not be able to use hours in a paraglider towards your FAA ratings. Ultralights and paragliders are considered recreational aircraft. People typically fly them short distances for fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marcus Aurelius's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video 2024 Bud Light MAGA Super Bowl Commercial LevelUP 1 389 02-08-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Commercial Pilot's License RoyalSpade 3 1,343 01-14-2021, 06:11 AM
Last Post: n2201
  You won't need a license to become a plumber in Texas! sanantone 21 2,923 06-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Getting a military pilot slot MagicATC 1 1,544 09-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Casey1300
  Real Estate License Exam sgloer 3 2,044 06-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Last Post: cbrchris