Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparing costs of 2 TESU degrees
Just wondering if anyone has taken these 3 communication courses at TESU? I’m guessing no based on a cursory search but I could be mistaken.

If not, just wondering if my assumption to take several TESU courses at once is doable.
TESU for BA in Communications.  half-way there
----------------------------------------------------------------- 
28 cr from B&M CC
The Institute - Ethics
CSMLearn - Quantitative Literacy requirement
Study.com - Psy 104, His 108, Edu 104, Edu 103
Sophia.org - Conflict Resolution, Human Biology, Visual Comm, US History I + II, Intro to IT, Public Speaking, An.Gr.Philosophers, Student Success, Developing Effective Teams,  Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to Psych, Art Hist II, Intro to Sociology 

I took 9 credits my last semester - a 6 credit history class and my capstone and it was intense. I might even go so far as to say brutal. I wouldn’t do more than 6 credits a semester again ( work FT and a mom etc )!
[-] The following 1 user Likes adkgirl's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
Thanks! I didn't think anyone on this forum took any TESU courses directly (other than what's required), so I REALLY appreciate you giving me some feedback on your experience!!!

Yeah, I've heard capstone should be done allllll by itself. LOL!
28 cr from B&M CC
The Institute - Ethics
Sophia.org - Conflict Resolution, Human Biology, Visual Comm, US History I + II, Intro to IT, Public Speaking, An.Gr.Philosophers, Student Success, Developing Effective Teams,  Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to Psych, Art Hist II, Intro to Sociology 

Just wanted to share that for the AOS / UL courses (15 credits) needed for the Communications degree, these are the only confirmed courses that can be done through alternative credit:

Study.com:

BUS-305 Leadership Communication = TESU MAN-376
BUS-324 Managerial Communications = TESU MAN-373
BUS-313 Organizational Communication = COM-391
ENG-305 Adv. Technical Writing = TESU ENG-306

TESU TECEP:
Marketing Communications (MAR-321-TE)

CSU-Global (Self-Study):
COM 325S - Mass Communication and Society

______

These are considered LL and cannot be used for UL:

Study.com Business 319: Negotiations and Conflict Management
Straighterline Business Communication 

Hope that helps someone!

Danielle
28 cr from B&M CC
The Institute - Ethics

Ok, I did not calculate this right, guys.

In order to avoid the residency fee, I'd have to pay for 16 credits. The courses I need to pay for add up to 15 credits. I can't believe I missed that detail.

SOS-110 Living in the Information Age - 3 credits
COM-100 Communication Theory - 3 credits
COM-120 M ass Communications I - 3 credits
COM-121 Mass Communications II - 3 credits
Liberal Arts Capstone - 3 credits
= 15 credits

I'm ready to ditch this BA in Communications!!!! ARGH!!!
28 cr from B&M CC
The Institute - Ethics

You could do this one-credit course:

ENG-298 Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice

When they set that 16 credit limit, everyone was supposed to take the one-credit cornerstone. Now that the cornerstone is a 3 credit course, it doesn't come out even. This is the only one credit course I know about, although there might be others.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (in prog)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (in prog)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • suzycupcake
Ah, Dave! I didn't realize TESU offered 1-credit courses! Thank you!!!!
28 cr from B&M CC
The Institute - Ethics

I just read that TESU estimates their books and materials to be approximately $209 per course. Since I have to take 16 credits, this tacks on an additional $3,344.

Can anyone confirm this?

Now the difference between the 2 degrees is getting more significant, if this is the case!
28 cr from B&M CC
The Institute - Ethics

(05-19-2019, 10:12 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: I just read that TESU estimates their books and materials to be approximately $209 per course. Since I have to take 16 credits, this tacks on an additional $3,344.

Can anyone confirm this?

Now the difference between the 2 degrees is getting more significant, if this is the case!

You're over calculating things, there are so many ways of getting text books on the cheap like renting them or getting an older version. BTW, it's $209 per course as you mentioned, not as you calculated - per credit. But you can still get it cheap, like an international version of the texts. And some don't require a text such as the Liberal Arts capstone doesn't require a textbook.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Computer Science (June 2019 graduation...)
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)~
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc~
DUMB mistake, thank you for noticing, bjcheung77. I often have to blame my mommy brain. I was up till 4am this morning and clearly that is showing. Time to step away and recharge.

Thank you for letting me know tips on how they can be bought on the cheap as well! You are the best!

THANK YOU!
28 cr from B&M CC
The Institute - Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Uni Admissions Counselor Needing Guidance about TESU Transfers PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 7 224 6 hours ago
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  what do the TESU degrees say? saraholson 0 26 6 hours ago
Last Post: saraholson
  TESU Masters in Data Science joeguida 1 56 Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU course Anthropology on SL All Seas 6 117 Yesterday, 01:47 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU classes FishNDip 6 265 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan PBenitez 11 761 05-20-2019, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Ecamarillo92
  Debating on changing TESU BALS NSM (CS/CIS) to TESU BACS Lewis.Yim 4 182 05-20-2019, 12:00 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Help with TESU BSBA GM Degree Plan sesamestreetgang 1 69 05-19-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sept 2020 Graduation - TESU plan of action CarpeDiem8 4 155 05-19-2019, 01:45 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Changes to TESU SOS-110 Course Title and Structure Merlin 12 337 05-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Rustydroid