Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Compilation of TESC Course Equivalencies
RA808 Wrote:Is there such thing as BS/BA's at TESC you can completely "test out" of? If so, any threads that list them?

BA Social Studies or Liberal Arts are 2 of the bachelor options, and the AA and AAS (FEMA) at the associate level are easily tested out of.

Also, there could be many more if you already have prior credit, especially in science or humanities.
In my copy of this hand out, Ive added the alpha-numerics (ENG101, ENG102, etc) next to the CLEPs and DSSTs. I got them from the college catalog. As far as I know, TESC doesn't publish the ECE or AP alpha-numerics, but I wonder if anyone would be willing to share what their ECE/AP credits were transcribed as? I'm looking for duplications. Thanks!!
cookderosa Wrote:BA Social Studies or Liberal Arts are 2 of the bachelor options, and the AA and AAS (FEMA) at the associate level are easily tested out of.

Also, there could be many more if you already have prior credit, especially in science or humanities.
Good to know. Thanks! I wonder how many classes I would need to take in addition to "testing out" for BS Marketing or BA Communications? Will have to look into it. It can seem daunting to quantify with all the different tests available and their equivalencies. All my existing credits are general ed.
RA808 Wrote:Good to know. Thanks! I wonder how many classes I would need to take in addition to "testing out" for BS Marketing or BA Communications? Will have to look into it. It can seem daunting to quantify with all the different tests available and their equivalencies. All my existing credits are general ed.

Well, as you may know, most of the CLEP exams are gen eds. There are more options if you'd consider going for a degree in business instead of marketing or communications. If you're firm on those two, I think there would be better options than TESC.
cookderosa Wrote:Well, as you may know, most of the CLEP exams are gen eds. There are more options if you'd consider going for a degree in business instead of marketing or communications. If you're firm on those two, I think there would be better options than TESC.

I'm open to a major. I've already established myself in my industry and am looking to strengthen my credentials primarily.

Any suggestions for others options for Marcom majors? Just curious
SandraNC Wrote:I updated these charts today to include new Straighterline course equivalencies and the ECE info provided recently. I listed Nutrition and Pharmacology as free electives because I don't know where they fit....If you know how these are classified, please let me know.

Equivalencies by Area: http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equivalencies.pdf

Equivalencies by Course Number: http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equ...Course.pdf

Sources: Equivalency Sources

Excellent links! This is exactly what I have been looking for! Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies badooble 42 14,636 09-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,641 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,453 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,196 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,989 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,348 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP Equivalencies for TESU Doodlebabe 9 2,937 12-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,769 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,745 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,271 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808