Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Compilation of TESC Course Equivalencies
Just wanted to thank you for the work.

Also, your latest (but not the one on page 2) link to the duplicates isn't formatted right.

Just thought I'd mention that Straighterline has some new classes coming soon, and I'd kill for PennFoster courses at some point (although they're still a mess on ACE from what I've seen).
Thank you for letting me know about the broken link. Now I know I can't simply cut and paste from my previous post.

This is the correct link for course equivalencies sorted by course #.
http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equ...Course.pdf

Thank you, too, for the info about Straighterline. When you see the new classes offered, please remind me to add them. I don't check their website often, so it's helpful to have feedback from people who do!
I updated these charts today to include social science (SS) equivalents for two exams that I had previously listed as Business only: DSST Money and Banking and DSST Organizational Behavior. These have both Business and SS equivalents and I added the SS equivalencies today.

Equivalencies by Area: http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equivalencies.pdf

Equivalencies by Course Number: http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equ...Course.pdf

Sources: Equivalency Sources
Check out my thread sandra.
Some other courses might fit in there twice.
I know for a fact that marketing communications is a humanities course. This is good news.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I just updated these charts to reflect the uncertainty of UL credit for the World Populations ECE.
I have had a very difficult time with the Excelsior admissions team getting any clear answers regarding their course equivalencies for CLEP, DSST, TECEPS & ALEKS credits. Has anyone assembled a similar list of Equivalencies for Excelsior? So far my searches has come up cold, any links to appropriate posts will be helpful. Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
"As surely as there is a god in heaven, I am an atheist." Mark Twain

ECE
Social Psych (A(8/12),Psych of A&A (A(8/12), Abnormal Psych (A(7/12) Research Methods In Psychology(A(11/12)
DSST
6/11 Introduction to World Religions(472) 6/11 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (75) 7/11 A History of the Vietnam War (78) 7/11 Substance Abuse (468) 7/11 Intro Modern Middleast (80) 7/11 Fundamentals of Counseling (69) 9/11 Civil War & Reconstruction (74) 9/11Environment & Humanity (69) 11/11 Here's To Your Health (472) 11/11 Ethics In America (467) 6/12 Organizational Behavior (69)
CLEP
7/11 A&I Lit (72) 7/11 Social Sciences and History (70) 7/11Humanities(76) 7/11 American Government(73) 7/11 College Mathematics(64) 7/11English Lit(73) 7/11Intro to Educ Psych (70) 7/11Human Growth & Dev. (65) 6/12 College Comp Modular(64) 4/13 Sociology (64)

BSLS Excelsior College 12/12 (GPA 3.87) Ewald Nyquist Award Winner
Waldorfteacher Wrote:I have had a very difficult time with the Excelsior admissions team getting any clear answers regarding their course equivalencies for CLEP, DSST, TECEPS & ALEKS credits. Has anyone assembled a similar list of Equivalencies for Excelsior? So far my searches has come up cold, any links to appropriate posts will be helpful. Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Other than the Student Guide to Credit by Exam and degree plans on this forum, I can not think of any course equivalency lists for EC.

The Student Guide can be downloaded from this page:

School Catologs - excelsior.edu

Only majors require specific courses/exams at EC. The rest of the degree is based on broad categories for which the Student Guide provides examples.

Do you have any specific questions? I (or we) might be able to point you toward relevant posts.

Edit to add: The catalogs (see link above), such as the Liberal Arts catalog, show which ECE exams meet certain requirements for the majors.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
These guides are great. However, they don't contain any info on Straighterline or Penn Foster. I searched the thread to see if there was a mention of either and the search came up empty. Is there a reason for the ommision of these two sources?
TriscuiT Wrote:These guides are great. However, they don't contain any info on Straighterline or Penn Foster. I searched the thread to see if there was a mention of either and the search came up empty. Is there a reason for the ommision of these two sources?

Maybe you could make a list and share it here?
TriscuiT Wrote:These guides are great. However, they don't contain any info on Straighterline or Penn Foster. I searched the thread to see if there was a mention of either and the search came up empty. Is there a reason for the ommision of these two sources?

I have no idea how you missed it but straighterline is included in the documents. Also, if you look under the sources link, there you will find the link to the straighterline site TESC equivalency page. You could also just google the site.

Regarding penn foster, I'm not sure as many students use the PF courses. For those of us that have, we've left feedback on the forum. Just use advanced search. I agree with Jennifer, maybe you could help future students by creating a list of the PF equivalencies and attach it here.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies badooble 42 14,609 09-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,635 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,448 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,194 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,986 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,347 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP Equivalencies for TESU Doodlebabe 9 2,933 12-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,765 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,743 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,267 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808