Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaints about Liberty
from veterans
At Liberty University, Veterans’ Complaints Keep Coming (julieroys.com)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • dahnshaulis
Is anyone surprised about complaints? I mean there are several lawsuits so I would figure that there are complaints.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • dahnshaulis
Oh, that's not good. I was looking into going to Liberty University Online. Is it not a good option, thoughts?
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
[-] The following 1 user Likes vintage_jacket's post:
  • dahnshaulis
If you plan to attend Liberty enroll for one month in Sophia and complete at least one course. This will entitle you to a 15% discount at Liberty. If you are willing to have a background check, Liberty offers a 25% first responder discount to members of the Civil Air Patrol. Membership is $80 per year. Both discounts stack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SophiaPrincess's post:
  • LevelUP
I am a proud alumnus of Liberty University School of Business.

My experience as a Liberty University Student was very good.

As its mission is training Champions for Christ, Liberty University will always be a target.

As an active duty Sailor, and as a veteran, I spent many years as a graduate student (Distance Education, of course) I now live very near Lynchburg, Virginia. I love it here.

For so many reasons, I cannot say enough good things about Liberty University.

And... I am looking forward to watching the Liberty University Football team play in the Fiesta Bowl

https://time.com/6549712/liberty-univers...esta-bowl/
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
Because of the large amount of free electives, you can hack a lot of their degrees with lots of alt credit.

There is one degree plan for business though general ed is basically the same for all degrees
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/LU...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
There have been some 'slack' going on with Liberty as a whole in the last couple of years, even with the attention they're getting, I still see many people get undergrad, or graduate programs through them. It's a good option, but I would keep my eyes open just in case something better comes along, as I believe for both undergrad and grad, there are some specific classes that are required that not many need/want to take... It's the only thing holding me back from recommending them more often, unless of course, they have a specific credential or degree that's not offered anywhere else...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
For anyone with experience in dealing with Liberty,

I would like advice on two things.

1) I have been led to believe that Liberty will accept classes for transfer, but only at the same level of study... Bachelors credits only can be applied to a Liberty bachelor's, masters credits can only go toward a Liberty masters, and only doctoral credits can be applied toward a doctorate at Liberty.

Can anyone confirm?
I was thinking if they would take my MS in Public Safety, I could cut a chunk out of a DPA or PhD in Public Policy...My goal is to earn a doctorate for less than 25,000 total. (paying out of pocket).

Question 2)

Can someone expand in detail about the Sophia program/discount and how it can stack with the first responder discount, as described above.

-Thank you all for your help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FireMedic_Philosopher's post:
  • jb111
Great question!
(03-03-2024, 08:16 PM)jb111 Wrote: Great question!

Yes, good questions, but sometimes it's best to have a set of questions in a particular thread instead of double postings. Here's the other post/thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid414568
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberty University: Using Military and Emergency Personnel Discount sanantone 3 2,806 04-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Last Post: icampy