Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete Bachelors Degree - Advice
(01-21-2022, 12:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @glaxx, Federal Government as a Contracting Officer...  I am curious, is this the DOD?  When you took your DAU courses, were they non proctored and open book?  If you're DOD, then the only logical choice is TESU, you just need to do the 24 credits for residency, 18 through 6 TECEPS and the cornerstone/capstone.  You can finish 6 TECEPS first and then 1 term for the cornerstone/capstone, graduate in September.

Not DOD, FEMA. We use CSOD (used to be DAU) to track all of the FAC-C trainings. 

All of the virtual classes are open book and non proctored. The in person classes are "proctored" but still open book. Why would TESU be the choice?
@glaxx, if you're not DOD then you should go with UMPI for a mix of cost, ease, speed. If you were DOD, TESU would be my choice, as you can finish with 6 quick TECEPS you can do in say a month or two, and then the capstone/cornerstone.

Since you're FEMA, I don't think you get the same educational rate as DOD civilian employees, which means it's either 16 residency credits through Online Courses or E-Packs or pay the residency waiver. It all depends how you want to swing things now...

If cost is not an issue for you, I would still go for TESU again, as you can get 3 e-Packs, PLA-100 and the capstone/cornerstone, be finished in 6 months and skip the language and science with lab requirements, plus you can finish quickly with all DAU courses!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-21-2022, 12:10 PM)glaxx Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 11:50 AM)dfrecore Wrote: First, it's unclear to me if your Composition courses are both Comp 2, in which case all 3 schools may force you to take Comp 1.

I'm not sure how but both are Comp 2. I'm okay with taking Comp 1 if I need to. 

They are both Comp 2 (rachelaz83 thought so too) because neither of these looks to be Composition I at either school.

For UMPI, the BLS has more space for Free Electives, and you look to lose 21cr in the BABA due to having too many free electives.  So if the degree can be in anything, then you are better off with the BLS, as you will be 7 courses/21cr ahead.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you all for the information. I really appreciate it.
If you do decide on TESU instead of UMPI, we can help you with figuring out what to take. Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap for possible TESU degrees.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Just curious, do you need financial aid? In other words, are you paying out of pocket or do you have tuition assistance/reimbursement from work?  This is how much it would cost if you do the 16 credits at TESU, because you're out of state, $4639 + app/grad fees.  You can complete InstantCertCredit Managerial Accounting $35, Davar Academy International Finance & Principles of Sales for both at $129.

You can then take the American Government, Marketing, Organizational Behavior E-Packs with the PLA100, Capstone/Cornerstone and be done with your degree in 12 weeks.  You just need to prepare a week for each of the e-packs before the term starts, it's essentially a final exam each e-pack.  Tuition: https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition | epack: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/e-pack-courses

Davar Academy: $129  ($99/2 business courses, $15/proctor)
InstantCertCredit: $35 ($20/month a course, $15/proctor)
TESU, Flat Rate $4639 + App $50 + Grad $298 = $4987
Total: $5,166 (pending whatever else is missing from your evaluation)

I'll more than likely pay out of pocket.

I do 4 x 10 as a work schedule, and have every Monday off. The UMPI seems to fit my needs / learning style the best. I do a ton of writing for work, and the UMPI format falls in my wheelhouse.
Sure, if you have less commitments, then I highly recommend the UMPI option instead. Just make sure to get all your general education and electives completed and shoot for the least number of courses required at UMPI. I agree, if you think the UMPI competency based style is your type, go for it. Good luck, have fun!

Will do.

I’m going to use the information that rachel83az laid out earlier.

Again, I really appreciate all the feedback and advice. You all are awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 0 9 23 minutes ago
Last Post: nhmimi
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 321 1 hour ago
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 29 366 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 130 10 hours ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 268 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,471 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Question 40 something would love some guidance on how/where/what Bachelors to get! joyfulhelper 5 203 03-26-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 129 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,849 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 174 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM