Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerned about these classes transferring
So I am more than half way through my journey but today I just sent my degree plan to TESU to cross my t's and dot my i's
It got kicked back!
I sent back documentation of there agreement with StraighterLine and the Alternate Credit Project
Should I be worried? I'm freaking out!!
This is what I sent them originally and their reply
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2070[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2071[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Capture.jpg (Size: 19.5 KB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Capture2.jpg (Size: 19.28 KB / Downloads: 1)
Managerial Accounting is supposed to come in as Accounting 102 - Thomas Edison State University Course Equivalency Guide | StraighterLine
And all 3 of the Saylor courses you took are ACE evaluated for credit https://www.saylor.org/credit/

I think TESU made a mistake.
cookderosa Wrote:I think TESU made a mistake.

No, never hilarious
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Managerial accounting from SL comes in as cost accounting according to that. That's what I had it listed as as well. And they said no go.
They obviously made a mistake but will they rectify it??
Are they going to make me fight??
You haven't sent it in yet, right? there's nothing to fight or rectify. Let the actual evaluator do it when you send it in, not the confused advisor who's doesn't understand ACE
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Has your academic eval been updated? After a course transfers in you can appeal to the Registrar's office. I had to do that once and the problem was resolved within a couple of hours. You can try asking again specifically about the Straighterline course.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Good advice. I didn't even think about the fact that they would POSSIBLY know a bit more about what is going on.
I am corrrect though, right? I didn't screw anything up?
No, I haven't transferred them in or even completed them all. I was just thinking that getting confirmation beforehand would be good. Guess not.
I have 3 out of 4 of the classes in question completed. Perhaps I should transfer over what I have so far so that I can get straightened out now??
The 3 Saylor courses are part of the Alternative Credit Project Ecosystem which is relatively new and are ACE recommended under ACPE and not Saylor. This is what may have created confusion. Once the 3 Saylor courses are on an ACE transcript you should be able to transfer them to TESU. While most course equivalencies don't change there have been a few changes over time. You should ask again about the Straighterline course. I always like transferring courses as I take them. When you do transfer courses there will be a long waiting period before they will actually be evaluated. It used to be 2-4 weeks for first eval and 3-4 weeks for subsequent evals once enrolled but someone was recently told 25-30 business days. There have been many people who have had problems transferring courses, though the registrar's office is good at fixing problems quickly. As long as the courses are transferred in and applied to your academic eval before you intend to graduate you should be all set.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Well, the easiest answer is that TESU made a mistake- 5 minutes in the archives here will tell you they make mistakes all. The. Time. That said, when you "help them" see their error, they should correct it. If they don't, things will get interesting. I am VERY interested in finding out what happens if TESU doesn't honor their SL and ACP partnership agreements. Are these partnerships legally binding? When colleges form partnership agreements (articulations) they are certainly legally binding, but this isn't college to college, it's business to college......hummmm.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 299 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Do classes from Study.com & Sophia.org appear on Studentclearinghouse.org if... UMPI CanICode 9 1,043 10-17-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Thomas Edison State University Transferring EdwardLong 13 1,743 09-29-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com and SL History Classes Duneranger 8 678 09-10-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What order to take classes in using Sophia ltw900rr 12 1,785 09-09-2023, 08:29 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Taking 23 classes at Sophia in one month, is that possible? elcastor21 13 2,014 08-31-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Trying to speedrun some SDC classes: Eng 2, Comp. Arch, Soft. Eng, Python 101 Randyb100 16 1,781 06-25-2023, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Advice on Transferring Sophia Courses SophiaPrincess 32 4,753 06-20-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Study.com Classes EXPIRING 4/30 smarterby1degree 13 2,167 05-19-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Looking for specific classes!! Caecal07 3 486 05-11-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy