Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considering a BA in Math from TESU. I may need some help with plan/funding.
I agree with Jennifer, I think that was what I was trying to ask. What kind of job do you want, so what kind of degree do you need to get. So far you've said what you don't want to do, and degrees that you don't want to get, but figuring out what you DO want is the important part.

Luckily, those D grades will work at TESU! Gen Ed allows D's, except English Comp I & II, so that's good. A few more credits.

Go back to my post, try to get as many credits as you can that way, and start right away. Also, start figuring out what you want to do in terms of getting a degree. Look at the Big 3 and WGU. We can help you with a plan, but you need to be very clear on what you want to get to make the most of your limited budget.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Brownie82 Wrote:Thanks for the reply! Smile

I'm in Virginia. They have a Workforce program that I'm trying to get into. Its for displaced workers and recently divorced homemakers (that's me! lol). I think I missed the deadline for this year, but I will try again next year. Also, I applied for the Study.com scholarship (crosses fingers).

I also am looking into the State Guard that someone posted. I was in the AZNG, but left bootcamp early due to being pregnant and somehow slipping through MEPS. I got super clingy with my kids and never went back.

Are you still in Arizona? Is their state defense force operational yet? Do you know if you qualify for state grants? Starbucks fully covers tuition at Arizona State University for full-time and part-time employees.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Are you still in Arizona? Is their state defense force operational yet? Do you know if you qualify for state grants? Starbucks fully covers tuition at Arizona State University for full-time and part-time employees.

I'm no longer in AZ. I lived there for a few years, then moved back to the VA/DC area.
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
Brownie82 Wrote:I'm no longer in AZ. I lived there for a few years, then moved back to the VA/DC area.

I can't find anything on the Virginia Defense Force providing tuition assistance. Excelsior will lower tuition to $250 per credit hour, but there will be a 15-credit residency requirement meaning that you would have to take 15 credits in Excelsior courses. Have you thought about jobs you want to do?
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:I can't find anything on the Virginia Defense Force providing tuition assistance. Excelsior will lower tuition to $250 per credit hour, but there will be a 15-credit residency requirement meaning that you would have to take 15 credits in Excelsior courses. Have you thought about jobs you want to do?

Thanks for the info on Excelsior. I also checked MD's Force since anyone can join and I live right over the bridge. I haven't found any assistance info with them either.

I have been looking a few that were suggested above. Statistician and especially Bioinformatics look interesting, so I'm going to see how well I do when I get to the stats classes in ALEKS. I found some genetic courses on Coursera that are available for ACE credits. If that's something I want to go after, I hope they are still offered for credit. I'm still exploring the OOL site, too.
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
If you might be interested in stats as a career, TESU has a new BS in Data Science and Analytics in partnership with Statistics.com.
https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/bs/Data-Science.cfm
https://www.tesu.edu/campusuite25/module...rp_id=7110

Some of the advantages include no Capstone and a payment plan through Statistics.com.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
FYI you don't need a degree to be an actuary. You just have a bunch of tests to pass. I believe it's 2 in order to be employed lower-level while you work on passing the others. I think I read it can take up to 10 years to pass all 10 exams. :willynilly:
bellbaby Wrote:FYI you don't need a degree to be an actuary. You just have a bunch of tests to pass. I believe it's 2 in order to be employed lower-level while you work on passing the others. I think I read it can take up to 10 years to pass all 10 exams. :willynilly:

But, can you get a job without a related degree? The answer is not likely unless you have years of experience. Most actuaries start out in entry-level positions after graduating college and passing a couple of exams. They complete the rest of the exams while working. The employer might even pay for the rest of the exams.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,973 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,099 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,340 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,371 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore