Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conundrum
With sophia offering free courses I am finding myself taking courses on subjects I like and not just what I need for the degree. I wonder if it will make me rethink the major at some point. Especially after sending transcripts and going over the "what ifs".  Smile
Almost done with my associate degree and awaiting academic evaluation.
Taking 5 courses at the moment. 4 on Sophia.org and one TECEP on TESU.
BIO-101
Algebra
Ancient Greek Philosophers
And Project Management
The TECEP is APS-100 Medical Terminology which also reenrolled me.
(04-15-2020, 11:26 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: With sophia offering free courses I am finding myself taking courses on subjects I like and not just what I need for the degree. I wonder if it will make me rethink the major at some point. Especially after sending transcripts and going over the "what ifs".  Smile
Almost done with my associate degree and awaiting academic evaluation.
Taking 5 courses at the moment. 4 on Sophia.org and one TECEP on TESU.
BIO-101
Algebra
Ancient Greek Philosophers
And Project Management
The TECEP is APS-100 Medical Terminology which also reenrolled me.

No education/learning is ever wasted. The way the world is now (no, not COVID-19), things change quickly. The ability to enjoy learning will help you in the decades to come.
[-] The following 4 users Like LongRoad's post:
  • cwendy111, harrypotter, msa145, TwinMom
You can always get a BALS if you find yourself with random courses and nowhere to put them. 

But I agree, there is no wasted learning. For me, I tend to gravitate towards pleasure and lose focus on what I NEED to get done. This makes me unproductive. If you can manage to not abandon your requirements completely and not lose sight of your timeline, enjoy yourself.
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
Yes, if the BALS is what you're looking for, you can take anything in the 27 credits free elective. And most if not all your Gen Eds can be used with Sophia.org courses, I would skip the fundamentals courses at Sophia.org but if you need to review/preview the materials, it's good to recall the info.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-20-2020, 01:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, if the BALS is what you're looking for, you can take anything in the 27 credits free elective.  And most if not all your Gen Eds can be used with Sophia.org courses, I would skip the fundamentals courses at Sophia.org but if you need to review/preview the materials, it's good to recall the info.
Is Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies one of the programs on TESU?

It doesn't come up when I look for it in the 'what ifs'.

Huh
https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/liberal-studies
(04-20-2020, 10:49 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 01:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, if the BALS is what you're looking for, you can take anything in the 27 credits free elective.  And most if not all your Gen Eds can be used with Sophia.org courses, I would skip the fundamentals courses at Sophia.org but if you need to review/preview the materials, it's good to recall the info.
Is Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies one of the programs on TESU?

It doesn't come up when I look for it in the 'what ifs'.

Huh
It is in the dropdown as BA in Liberal Studies. REmember the evals are auto generated, so don;t panic if your credits are askew. Email the advisors for an official evaluation
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing