Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith
How self paced is it?

Is it one time pay for each course and then I can take as long as I need to complete it?

Is Nccrs different from ACE?

How many courses can one complete (realistically)before March?

Do their culinary courses transfer to TESU BALS?
Yes, Coopersmith is very self-paced. You pay once and then you let them know when you're ready to take the exam. NCCRS and ACE are different agencies that both provide recommendations on whether or not colleges/universities should accept a given alt-provider course for credit. With ACE, everything goes onto one ACE transcript and the theory (at least until recently) is that this will help everything run smoothly. With NCCRS, each provider sends its own transcript. 

How many courses can be completed depends entirely on you. Some people would find it easy to do a course a week (depending on subject). Others would struggle with completing a course a month. 

You can see some Coopersmith equivalencies here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting Unfortunately, the food courses only count as a free elective.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
COSC will not take NCCRS any longer, many schools that take ACE also will not take NCCRS (WGU for example).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@Seagull, since you're debating on COSC, TESU and the like, you should take as many ACE recommended credits vs NCCRS unless you have made up your mind with TESU, this is because COSC/WGU and a few others mentioned on the board such as Brandman/UMPI do not take NCCRS. Having said that, you can investigate Davar/Coopersmith as these are very good options for Business, General Education, Psychology/Sociology, people usually use them for Upper Level as they do not have written assignments, it's mainly all on one final, there may be some written answers required though...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Coopersmith isn't really a course. They give you study materials for the test-out.

They have so many types of courses that it seems like they aren't all the same.

How long it takes will depend on your study skills, your prior knowledge, etc. I think most ACE/NCCRS are around the same in terms of time required with the exception of some of the harder STEM courses (for people who are not already experienced in the subject).

Ask a TESU academic advisor to add their courses to your degree plan before you start doing them.

Thanks, just shopping around for options, with the changes at TESU, just weighing all the options, I like fewer written assignments for UL.
Coopersmith: what is the quality of its customer services? I paid for a course but things seem to move slowly over there. I just have to be patient however, I am excited to get going.
Their customer service is excellent, but it's a very small organization. They can be a bit slow because they're so small.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(03-26-2021, 12:16 PM)Dumber Wrote: Coopersmith:  what is the quality of its customer services? I paid for a course but things seem to move slowly over there. I just have to be patient however, I am excited to get going.

When I signed up I was granted access to my course in a little over 24 hours. So far I have no complaints about them.
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

[-] The following 1 user Likes Michelle779's post:
  • Dumber

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,253 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 411 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,901 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 547 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,009 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,236 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,195 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM