Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com testimonial
(07-25-2020, 07:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You may be able to use a video downloader extension on Firefox to save the SDC videos to your computer and then you can use Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. to load them to whatever device you're wanting to use to review the videos with.

Download helper does work for firefox in downloading videos however the text is quicker to go through for review.  

(07-25-2020, 09:33 AM)tallpilot Wrote: Everyone studies differently but I would suggest that once you complete the quizzes if you don't feel ready for the test then take a practice exam. Then you will get a list of lessons based on the questions you missed. Targeted studying should be faster than trying to rewatch the entire course.

I do take the practice test after I do all the quizzes to see where I'm at.  What I find is that I tend to hit a wall and no matter how many times I take the practice tests, I don't improve much.

I could use the print lesson function but then I have to worry about doing some sort of naming/folder system to keep it organized which adds time and makes it slower to review.

I think what I'm going to do is just copy/paste the HTML of each lesson and put them in one single big google doc, then print a pdf file.  I can save 100 lessons in about 30min which seems a reasonable amount of time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-25-2020, 05:45 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 07:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You may be able to use a video downloader extension on Firefox to save the SDC videos to your computer and then you can use Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. to load them to whatever device you're wanting to use to review the videos with.

Download helper does work for firefox in downloading videos however the text is quicker to go through for review.  

(07-25-2020, 09:33 AM)tallpilot Wrote: Everyone studies differently but I would suggest that once you complete the quizzes if you don't feel ready for the test then take a practice exam. Then you will get a list of lessons based on the questions you missed. Targeted studying should be faster than trying to rewatch the entire course.

I do take the practice test after I do all the quizzes to see where I'm at.  What I find is that I tend to hit a wall and no matter how many times I take the practice tests, I don't improve much.

I could use the print lesson function but then I have to worry about doing some sort of naming/folder system to keep it organized which adds time and makes it slower to review.

I think what I'm going to do is just copy/paste the HTML of each lesson and put them in one single big google doc, then print a pdf file.  I can save 100 lessons in about 30min which seems a reasonable amount of time.

That's why I recommended FireShot (Pro). It takes just a couple of seconds to create a nicely-formatted PDF rather than having to go through the hassle of copy/paste everything.
(07-25-2020, 05:45 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Understood.  There is a little disconnect sometimes between the questions and the material.  The lessons are authored by several different people and the tests written by someone else.  I have seen a few questions that were wrong and a few where the answer was nowhere to be found in the lessons.

If you are trying to master material using Study.com I fear you will have an unsatisfactory experience.  If that 'wall' you are referring to is greater than the level you need to pass the exam then I suggest you just take it.  The goal here is to get credentialed.  If the material turns out to be important to your employment or you simply have a passion for learning there are better sources for more in depth study.  Right now you are on a clock and the faster you go the cheaper it is.

Now that advice would be different if you are transferring these courses somewhere where the grade isn't pass/fail.  Then there might be some benefit to getting more than a 70%.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • CableGuy98

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,481 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,687 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,813 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 682 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM