Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith Information Literacy
It looks like the new courses that were released for $99 include info lit. It looks like that info lit can be taken through the Tor College Credits website which is being called Tor Academy as well. I think they have changed their name a few times in the past, it keeps creating confusion. Torah College Credits and Tor College Credits are listed under Coopersmith. Though it looks like the new Tor College Credit courses are being listed under Tor Academy. Info lit is being listed under both Coopersmith and Tor Academy. Tor Academy is probably for the new version.

I found this section on their website about info lit. Though the price doesn't match was is listed for their new exams.
http://www.torcollegecredits.com/take-in...eracy.html
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Hi Everyone:

I apologize for any confusion that exists on the linkage between Tor and Coopersmith.

Please note the following, which may clear up some of the confusion on this thread and others:

1. Coopersmith primarily services local partners and we have never gotten heavily involved in online marketing, though we are happy to assist anyone whenever we can.

2. Torah College Credits, now Tor College Credits, was once an authorized distributor of Coopersmith courses. It was the only distributor that ever marketed Coopersmith courses online and the only method by which Coopersmith exams were offered online. When offered online, we used Proctor U to proctor the exams. We graded and oversaw the administration of all such exams while they were being offered.

3. Tor has since developed its own exams. These are not Coopersmith courses. The content of the study materials and the exams is very different from Coopersmith courses. As far as I know (and assume) no Coopersmith materials were used in the development of Tor courses. I do know that no Coopersmith employee played any role in developing Tor courses.

4. While we wish Tor the best, Tor is no longer an authorized re-seller of Coopersmith courses. As far as I can tell, Coopersmith no longer appears on Tor's website, though it may appear on a cached version of some pages. If any student was made a promise about taking a Coopersmith exam, we will honor it. However, it is very important that anyone wishing to contact us do so at our main email address rather than through Tor or any other mechanism that appears online.

5. At this time, Coopersmith is unable to offer online exams. This is not because we do not have the technology to offer exams online (as you know, Proctor U, Examity and others make this quite easy), but because of a specific concern of our major partner that I am not at liberty to discuss in much more detail. All Coopersmith exams must be taken with an in-person proctor such as is often offered at public libraries, etc. Obviously, we can (and often do) disseminate study materials online or via email.

6. If you need the convenience an online exam for Information Literacy or another course that Tor offers, Tor could very well be a good option. Though we no longer work with them, we have nothing against them and wish them the best. If you need a course that Tor does not offer but that Coopersmith does or do not want to deal with Tor for whatever reason, please feel free to contact us.

Please understand that our primary business is on a local level and so, if things seem a bit informal when working with us, that's because our infrastructure is not set up for high volume from members of the general public (i.e., who do not work with our partner organizations).

However, please be assured that if you email us directly, your inquiry will be dealt with in a timely and courteous manner.

Thank you!
Thanks for the clarification! Any plans to update your site course list to match the NCCRS listing for you? Seems your sites leaves out a handful of courses
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Thanks for the clarification! Any plans to update your site course list to match the NCCRS listing for you? Seems your sites leaves out a handful of courses

To be honest, the site is way out of date and needs a major overhaul (again, a function of the fact that we're primarily a local organization). It's on the list. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,571 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,031 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,556 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 825 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  Proctor U (Proctor FU) with Coopersmith... still just as bad studyingfortests 11 1,933 05-22-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Quantitative Analysis: CSM vs Coopersmith? SCYankee 6 535 03-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Alternatives for basic computer and information literacy dscat 7 831 02-28-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Thank you for the many years of useful information vetvso 2 500 09-25-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 775 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  Legitimacy of "US Dept of Edu Student Information Center" FrHaseKopf 4 870 06-14-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing