Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith Music Education
I wanted to post under the course guide thread. But since I didn't take the final, I'll just create a separate thread on it.

I was expecting this course to cover music education (teaching or learning music for elementary classrooms), but it barely mentioned anything about music. Pretty much the only mention of music is using it as a means of introducing new concepts to young children. It is basically an Early Childhood Education course with a misleading title. The main topics covered were the psychology theories of child development and incorporating movement in the classroom. The book recommended for this course is boring and repetitive.

The reason why I didn't take the final is because of ProctorU. There were technical difficulties and I kept getting transferred to different proctors and agents for over an hour. I have stable internet connection, but somehow I kept getting disconnected.

Another time when I was taking a Straighterline final, ProctorU crashed so many times during the exam that I wasn't able to finish answering all the questions.

Both Coopersmith and ProctorU gave me full refund, thankfully. But the time spent on this course is wasted, I could have taken another course.
Pierpont BOG AAS Information Systems 2022 
TESU BA Music 2023

Obtained tons of credit from Sophia, Study.com, InstantCert Credit, TEEX, CLEP,  UExcel, Straighterline, CSMLearn, Coopersmith, Coursera, and CC
[-] The following 1 user Likes eminor7's post:
  • ss20ts
I am sorry you're having such a hard time with the music classes. I hope we helped you find some courses that will work for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • eminor7
Yeah, ProctorU hasn't been the best of proctoring providers. Have you looked at taking community college courses or a local university that may have online courses in music? It may be an option if they have an online program that is affordable.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-21-2022, 02:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, ProctorU hasn't been the best of proctoring providers.  Have you looked at taking community college courses or a local university that may have online courses in music?  It may be an option if they have an online program that is affordable.

I think eminor7 is still looking for UL music courses, so a community college wouldn't work.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Actually I am taking online music courses from community college for all the LL. Some of my local universities do offer a few UL music classes online but they are mostly limited to their own music majors.

I have a few UL classes lined up plus a few that I still need to inquire about, thanks to everybody's help!
TESU BA Music 2023

Obtained tons of credit from Sophia, Study.com, InstantCert Credit, TEEX, CLEP,  UExcel, Straighterline, CSMLearn, Coopersmith, Coursera, and CC
  • ss20ts
Update: I finally decided to take the final of this course. The exam is quite straightforward and the whole experience went smoothly. However, TESU will not count this as a music AOS course since it transfers in as CDS-310 according to an advisor. This will only count as an elective.
TESU BA Music 2023

• ss20ts
I'm a partner with Coopersmith and offer their classes for the same $150 but it includes free proctoring in Zoom INSTEAD of Proctor-U. You can do the proctoring 7 days a week. 

My daughter had to use Proctor-U 2 years ago when she took Coopersmith classes and it was awful. One time it took an hour and half and she had been transferred 7 times. If you need to take any other classes on Coopersmith just let me know.
Teacher-22 years, College Coach-6 years
Excelsior BSLA-daughter at 16
TESU BALS-son at 20

Study- SAVE 30% code: SMARTER
LawShelf- SAVE $30 BOGO code: SB1D
Coopersmith- Planning & Advising

smarterby1degree Wrote:I'm a partner with Coopersmith and offer their classes for the same $150 but it includes free proctoring in Zoom INSTEAD of Proctor-U. You can do the proctoring 7 days a week. 

My daughter had to use Proctor-U 2 years ago when she took Coopersmith classes and it was awful. One time it took an hour and half and she had been transferred 7 times. If you need to take any other classes on Coopersmith just let me know.

That's great! Coopersmith just went up my small list of NCCRS providers because of this update...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • smarterby1degree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,330 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 632 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 563 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 426 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,980 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 561 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,251 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,240 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Education and alternative credit platforms Londinium7 0 626 10-31-2022, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Londinium7
Exclamation Coopersmith questions. Vle045 8 1,723 06-07-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Michelle779