Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith Psych Courses
Hello all,

I'm currently enrolled in Coopersmith's Abnormal Psychology course. Does anyone with experience in this course have any recommendations? They provide several different powerpoints over similar information and I'm not sure what to focus on. Also, would you recommend purchasing the book? I want to take the exam soon but I can't tell if I'm prepared enough.
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
(07-08-2020, 12:50 PM)ab10365 Wrote: Hello all,

I'm currently enrolled in Coopersmith's Abnormal Psychology course. Does anyone with experience in this course have any recommendations? They provide several different powerpoints over similar information and I'm not sure what to focus on. Also, would you recommend purchasing the book? I want to take the exam soon but I can't tell if I'm prepared enough.

I found Abnormal Psych to be exceptionally well-documented for a Coopersmith course.  I bought the recommended textbook, because I found a 7th edition for $12 shipped on that big website named after a river in South America.  But the materials included an excellent, targeted "crash course presentation" in the form of a 36 page PowerPoint deck, a study guide in the form of two PPT decks totaling 544 pages, an "end of course review" consisting of two PPT decks totaling 105 pages, and a 20 question sample exam.

There's even a YouTube video read-through of the "crash course presentation", which I listened to a number of times and found helpful.

I can tell you that I read through the study guides and end of course reviews once, and hit the crash course presentation especially hard, since I was told it was well-aligned with the final exam.  It was, and I did well on the exam.  But some people like to have an actual paper book, and for the cost I decided it was a good value, so I bought it.
Thank you!!! This is just what I needed. All those powerpoint slides were kind of intimidating but I did read through them. I' planning to take the exam soon so hopefully I'll do well.

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
(07-09-2020, 06:44 AM)ab10365 Wrote: Thank you!!! This is just what I needed. All those powerpoint slides were kind of intimidating but I did read through them. I' planning to take the exam soon so hopefully I'll do well.

No problem!

I found the PPT decks to be well done and informative, but don't be intimidated by the number, you can get through them pretty quickly.

Make sure to hit the crash course presentation again just before the exam, even if it's just to watch the video in your living room while you relax on the sofa with a bowl of Cheetos and a cold beer.  You can speed it up or slow it down so that it's at a comfortable pace.

The video.  Not the beer.
(07-09-2020, 10:32 AM)ctcarl Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 06:44 AM)ab10365 Wrote: Thank you!!! This is just what I needed. All those powerpoint slides were kind of intimidating but I did read through them. I' planning to take the exam soon so hopefully I'll do well.

No problem!

I found the PPT decks to be well done and informative, but don't be intimidated by the number, you can get through them pretty quickly.

Make sure to hit the crash course presentation again just before the exam, even if it's just to watch the video in your living room while you relax on the sofa with a bowl of Cheetos and a cold beer.  You can speed it up or slow it down so that it's at a comfortable pace.

The video.  Not the beer.

Lol yes I probably don't need to speed through a beer just before the exam. I made a bunch of flashcards based on on the crash course presentation. Did you receive your score right away or did you have to wait a few days?

Completed:
(07-09-2020, 12:31 PM)ab10365 Wrote: Lol yes I probably don't need to speed through a beer just before the exam. I made a bunch of flashcards based on on the crash course presentation. Did you receive your score right away or did you have to wait a few days?

Score?  LOL

I never did figure out how to find my individual exam scores on Coopersmith.

As you may be aware, they have this bizarre Rube Goldberg-esque setup with three distinct systems, each with it's own set of user IDs and passwords; the Student Login, the Ampeducator, and Talent.

"Talent" is where you take the courses.

The "Ampeducator" is allegedly where you view your scores, but I've spent hours on there and never did find them.  If you are able to find your scores, or mine for that matter, let me know.  The closest I ever got was my Learner Home screen, where I'd click on "Infographic", scroll down, and find an image with an average of all my scores.

If you're in a hurry for your score, email Stephen Haas.  He's sort of the Dean of Students over there, and I've found him to be exceptionally helpful and accommodating.

Attached Files
.jpg   Coopersmith.jpg (Size: 48.48 KB / Downloads: 28)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • TwinMom
(07-09-2020, 05:21 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 12:31 PM)ab10365 Wrote: Lol yes I probably don't need to speed through a beer just before the exam. I made a bunch of flashcards based on on the crash course presentation. Did you receive your score right away or did you have to wait a few days?

Score?  LOL

As you may be aware, they have this bizarre Rube Goldberg-esque setup with three distinct systems, each with it's own set of user IDs and passwords; the Student Login, the Ampeducator, and Talent.

The "Ampeducator" is allegedly where you view your scores, but I've spent hours on there and never did find them.  If you are able to find your scores, or mine for that matter, let me know.  The closest I ever got was my Learner Home screen, where I'd click on "Infographic", scroll down, and find an image with an average of all my scores.

If you're in a hurry for your score, email Stephen Haas.  He's sort of the Dean of Students over there, and I've found him to be exceptionally helpful and accommodating.

After signing in, go to "My Account" on the Coopersmith homepage.

There'll be a big button saying "ampEducator - View Grades". Visit ampEducator and sign in.

On the ampEducator dashboard, click the tab labeled "Profile" at the top of the page.

Then click "History" from the navigation menu on the right.

Your class grades and GPA will be listed there.
[-] The following 2 users Like scorpion's post:
  • ab10365, ctcarl
(07-09-2020, 05:21 PM)ctcarl Wrote:

Score?  LOL

Wait so how did you know you passed? This is my first Coopersmith course so I'm not familiar with the format.

Completed:
(07-09-2020, 10:17 PM)ab10365 Wrote: Wait so how did you know you passed? This is my first Coopersmith course so I'm not familiar with the format.
I clicked on the infographic on the Learner home screen, I attached a screenshot.
(07-09-2020, 10:49 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 10:17 PM)ab10365 Wrote: Wait so how did you know you passed? This is my first Coopersmith course so I'm not familiar with the format.
I clicked on the infographic on the Learner home screen, I attached a screenshot.

Thank you for all your help! I passed the exam so I finished the course!

Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,425 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 981 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 705 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,208 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,371 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,888 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,040 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,079 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 597 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 336 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77