Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coopersmith Psych Upper Level Courses
Hi everyone, 

I'm planning on taking PSY-312 Therapeutic Interviewing and PSY-307 Group Counseling from Coopersmith to satisfy the upper-level course requirement for Excelsior (BS Liberal Studies). 

I already took and passed PSY-310 Foundations of Stress Management, in which the final only consisted of multiple-choice questions.

Has anyone taken upper-level psych courses at Coopersmith, particularly the ones I mentioned? I'd like to know how the finals were like for them, whether they were multiple choice only or included free response / overall impression of the course.
(05-12-2022, 09:24 AM)Nathan7991 Wrote: Hi everyone, 

I'm planning on taking PSY-312 Therapeutic Interviewing and PSY-307 Group Counseling from Coopersmith to satisfy the upper-level course requirement for Excelsior (BS Liberal Studies). 

I already took and passed PSY-310 Foundations of Stress Management, in which the final only consisted of multiple-choice questions.

Has anyone taken upper-level psych courses at Coopersmith, particularly the ones I mentioned? I'd like to know how the finals were like for them, whether they were multiple choice only or included free response / overall impression of the course.

I can't help unfortunately as I haven't taken these. But just curious - How did Foundations of Stress Management end up transferring to TESU?
DSST
Substance Abuse 470, Fundamentals of Counseling 466, General Anthropology 445, Foundations of Education 424, Technical Writing 450
CLEP
Human Growth & Development 58, Intro to Educational Psychology 66, College Composition 66, College Composition Modular 65, Intro to Sociology 64, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 50, American Government 55, College Algebra 63, Macroeconomics 52, Biology 55
SDC 
Ethics in the Social science, Statistics, Cognitive Psychology, Research methods, Personality Theory, History & Systems of Psychology, Ethics in America, History of the US II
CooperSmith
Abnormal Psychology, Physiological Psychology
UExcel
Psychology of Adulthood & Aging, Social Psychology
Hi Amber,

I'm actually transferring my courses into Excelsior College, but I can keep you updated on how it transfers over. My previous courses from Coopersmith transferred in smoothly to Excelsior, and I'm certain that TESU takes Coopersmith too. Although, someone with personal experience can correct me if I'm wrong.
(05-12-2022, 02:37 PM)Amberlinjeanne Wrote: I can't help unfortunately as I haven't taken these. But just curious - How did Foundations of Stress Management end up transferring to TESU?

Haven't taken the other courses to help the original poster, but on the side question....

About a year ago, Foundations of Stress Man. transferred in my BALS UL at TESU as SOS 320.   But I had to ask them to do that as there was a mix up with another course with similar number.  See this post for more details where others have done the same thing and had to ask to get right course in the eval. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid312194

relevant part: "Well, in our system I have that course listed as PSY310A and the PSY310 shows the COU course I listed. However, it appears on the NCCRS site they changed PSY310 to PSY312 (The COU course) and so now PSY310 is the Foundations of Stress course, which will transfer in as SOS-320.
"
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Hi, was just wondering about group counseling and therapeutic interviewing did they transfer to excelsior as upper level?
I would do a search for those two courses, if something comes up, hopefully it has the details you're looking for. Otherwise, if you can't find anything, you may want to contact Coopersmith and see if they have a transfer guide and see if it can be shared. Link: https://www.coopersmithcc.net/contact/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-31-2022, 12:00 AM)Cmglaser08 Wrote: Hi, was just wondering about group counseling and therapeutic interviewing did they transfer to excelsior as upper level?

According to what students have reported in the past, yes: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thanks good to know

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need 300/400 level credits? tomheany 4 702 01-16-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Another coopersmith question Cmglaser08 6 1,378 12-15-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: shaas
  Fast, Cheap Education Courses sanantone 5 1,387 01-26-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: acethroughcollege
  Coopersmith retake? Amberlinjeanne 4 1,665 11-24-2022, 06:43 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Does WGU accept InstantCREDIT courses mike_1 7 1,945 08-09-2022, 03:32 PM
  InstantCert Courses Expired? ss20ts 19 3,186 07-22-2022, 08:01 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Physiological psychology-coopersmith exam Cmglaser08 2 1,294 06-18-2022, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Difficulty level - Coopersmith vs Uexcel? Amberlinjeanne 23 2,939 05-24-2022, 01:35 PM
Last Post: shaas
  DSST Money and Banking or Coopersmith?? Sb2013 0 605 05-03-2022, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Sb2013
  Coopersmith- Organizational behavior Cmglaser08 3 1,251 01-25-2022, 02:08 AM