Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith UL Courses @ TESU
Hi all, 

I have been very interested in taking Coopersmith UL courses as an alternative to the SDC. I'm a fabulous test taker and can do without essays, whenever possible. Coopersmith is more expensive at $150 an exam, but there are no essays. Some have short answers, but most quiz questions are multiple choice. I've read nothing, but good reviews and will be completing some of these courses soon. Per the reviews, from multiple people on the forum, all you need to utilize is the powerpoint they provide for you and no additional textbook is needed, unless you just want it. 

I reached out to TESU to see how these would fit into my BALS degree plan and here's the info I received. 

Thank you for the inquiry. All of the courses you listed will transfer into TESU. Seven of the courses transfer in as PSY- courses and two as Counseling (COU). The two COU- courses would be eligible to fulfill credits in your "Electives" section. The seven PSY courses would fulfill credits in your major section (AOS). See below for the specific transfer equivalencies.

PSY-325: Career Counseling >> TESU COU-473
PSY-305: Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior >> TESU PSY-338
PSY-306: Family Therapy >> TESU PSY-348
PSY-320: Substance Abuse Counseling >> TESU PSY-332
PSY-340: Sports and Exercise Psychology >> TESU PSY-334
PSY-302: Abnormal Psychology >> TESU PSY-350
PSY-310: Foundations of Stress Management >> TESU COU-423
PSY-304: History and Systems of Psychology >> TESU PSY-400
PSY-315: Social Psychology >> TESU PSY-237
If you will definitely take these (or some of them) then please reply and confirm which ones and then I'll add them on your TESU academic evaluation as "planned" courses.

Thank you!
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

TESU BALS...in process...Dec 2020 graduation...woohoo!

Completed:
TEEX (3 credits): Death Investigation Online
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
SDC (6 credits): Oral Communication and Information Literacy
CLEP (15 credits): A&I Literature, College Composition, Principles of Marketing             
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
[-] The following 5 users Like indivinefavor's post:
  • collegechick, harrypotter, ldmoose, P226mem, rachel83az
So almost all of them are UL courses. That's great!
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • indivinefavor
(06-23-2020, 01:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: So almost all of them are UL courses. That's great!

Yup! And I'm so glad I asked. I only need UL's and I was almost going to take Social Psychology. It really pays to confirm this kind of info in advance.
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

Completed:
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes indivinefavor's post:
  • rachel83az
(06-23-2020, 02:27 PM)indivinefavor Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 01:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: So almost all of them are UL courses. That's great!

Yup! And I'm so glad I asked. I only need UL's and I was almost going to take Social Psychology. It really pays to confirm this kind of info in advance.

Remember that TESU's Psych AOS requires 6 credits in Social Psychology. TESU's own course, PSY-379, is a 6 credit UL. The Coopersmith PSY-237 is LL, so you'll need another (non-duplicate) Social Psychology course, and to make up the lost UL credits.
(06-23-2020, 02:49 PM)scorpion Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 02:27 PM)indivinefavor Wrote:

Remember that TESU's Psych AOS requires 6 credits in Social Psychology. TESU's own course, PSY-379, is a 6 credit UL. The Coopersmith PSY-237 is LL, so you'll need another (non-duplicate) Social Psychology course, and to make up the lost UL credits.

This person is getting a BALS, not a BA in Psych.

(06-23-2020, 01:45 PM)indivinefavor Wrote:  
Thank you for the inquiry. All of the courses you listed will transfer into TESU. Seven of the courses transfer in as PSY- courses and two as Counseling (COU). The two COU- courses would be eligible to fulfill credits in your "Electives" section. The seven PSY courses would fulfill credits in your major section (AOS). See below for the specific transfer equivalencies.

So I'm assuming these are "Free Electives" and not any other kind since it wasn't specified.  Good to know.

I wouldn't take these 2 since they won't count towards your UL needed.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • indivinefavor, scorpion
(06-23-2020, 05:47 PM)dfrecore Wrote: [quote pid='311692' dateline='1592937935']
indivinefavor

So I'm assuming these are "Free Electives" and not any other kind since it wasn't specified.  Good to know.

I wouldn't take these 2 since they won't count towards your UL needed.
[/quote]

Hey...dfrecore! I have a bunch of other credits and don't need anymore free electives, so I will definitely steer clear of these. Question for you? I have some older WGU courses and some older DSST that could possibly be UL, so it's possible that I won't need all of these Coopersmith classes. I just got accepted into TESU...any idea how long their turnaround time is for completing an eval?? I'm on pins and needles trying to see how many UL's I'll officially need.
- Vince Gowmon

Completed:
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
I can't find PSY-338 in the TESU catalog anywhere, would this count as an UL towards a BALS AOS?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bahman1993's post:
  • indivinefavor
(06-23-2020, 08:31 PM)bahman1993 Wrote: I can't find PSY-338 in the TESU catalog anywhere, would this count as an UL towards a BALS AOS?

Great catch! Uncertain since I'm doing the BALS, but I will email them for clarity. I couldn't find this at all in the catalog either, so they more than likely listed the wrong course. I'll update the thread when I hear from them.
- Vince Gowmon

Completed:
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
(06-23-2020, 08:31 PM)bahman1993 Wrote: I can't find PSY-338 in the TESU catalog anywhere, would this count as an UL towards a BALS AOS?

Yes, it would.  That number is a course equivalency, which means it comes in this way - but since it's for a BALS, and doesn't need to meet any sort of requirement, it doesn't matter what the equivalent course is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-23-2020, 11:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Yes, it would.  That number is a course equivalency, which means it comes in this way - but since it's for a BALS, and doesn't need to meet any sort of requirement, it doesn't matter what the equivalent course is.
Yes, that's exactly right... they just emailed me and confirmed that's the correct course number. Guess, I'll start studying for this now.
- Vince Gowmon

Completed:
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 786 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 238 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 366 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP