Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith questions.
Exclamation 
I decided to check out Coopersmith after seeing it mentioned here a lot.  I happened to see a course that I would be interested in taking.  I don’t need it for anything…. It’s just a topic that interests me, so transferability isn’t an issue.  Anyways… can anyone tell me how the courses are?  Are they like Onlinedegree where you just watch some videos or is there some actual substance?   Also, does anyone know of any promo codes?  I noticed there is a field for it in the checkout.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
It depends on the course
If you have a specific one in mind you can ask and I have taken multiple of their courses and still have 9 to go so if it’s one I took or am going to take I can let you know

Some are more in depth than others
There is guide to purchase a book which has the topic more in depth but the exam isn’t on that it’s on the end of course review
I would do a search for more info on what courses you're interested in and see if someone has done a review. Most of the courses are the same as Davar Academy, basically review the provided content/materials and a final exam. Are there some specific courses you are interested in? If you can get the courses elsewhere for cheaper or on ACE providers, I would score those first as Coopersmith is NCCRS...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-30-2022, 11:58 PM)Cmglaser08 Wrote: It depends on the course
If you have a specific one in mind you can ask and I have taken multiple of their courses and still have 9 to go so if it’s one I took or am going to take I can let you know

Some are more in depth than others
There is guide to purchase a book which has the topic more in depth but the exam isn’t on that it’s on the end of course review
I sent you a message
Thanks everyone. I did give it a try but for the course I was looking at, I didn’t feel it gave any more info beyond what you might find in magazines or google searches. On the plus side, it was easy to get a refund. On the negative side, I lost $30 in “administrative fees”.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Here's another Coopersmith question -- After purchasing an exam/course, is there a specific time frame you have to complete the exam by before it "expires?"
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(06-07-2022, 01:56 PM)jsd Wrote: Here's another Coopersmith question -- After purchasing an exam/course, is there a specific time frame you have to complete the exam by before it "expires?"

https://www.coopersmithcc.net/faq/

Quote:There is generally no time limit upon a student’s preparation for an examination. Therefore, once a student is given access to the study materials, the student may take or complete the course assessment(s) at the time of the student’s choosing. However, students should note that Coopersmith reserves the right to adjust or supplement the study materials or assessments for any course at any time. [...] While Coopersmith places no time limits on studying for an examination records, Coopersmith may limit the amount of time students are afforded to complete the assessments in a course with more than one assessment. For example, if a course requires three research papers and a final examination, Coopersmith may prescribe that all essays and the final examination must be done within a three-month window commencing with the submission of the student’s initial assignment. Any such time window limitation shall appear in the course syllabus.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
thanks.

sweet, i'll spend 5 years on this...
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I find Coopersmith to be top-tier as far as their customer service and accommodation. I've taken one exam and have another one scheduled this weekend.

I purchased the Child Abuse & Neglect course. I sent them an email & explained that because of recent events, child abuse is a subject I don't wish to study right now. I bought the course a year ago and they still let me swap it for another course for no charge.
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,253 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 411 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Linked University Questions for Sophia jdubley 8 1,287 09-28-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,901 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 547 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Sophia & Study questions CM1999 4 1,172 04-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree
  Computer Architecture Questions ACI 4 863 03-18-2023, 02:02 AM