Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coopersmith transfers to TESU (UL ones included)
FYI for anyone looking to see how some Coopersmith courses transfer into TESU. Just got this from advising when I asked about specific courses:

The Coopersmith courses you listed will transfer to TESU as follows:

Upper-level:
Abnormal Psychology = PSY-350
History and Systems of Psychology = PSY-400
Physiological Psychology = PSY-374
Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior = PSY-338
Family Therapy = PSY-348
Substance Abuse Counseling = PSY-332

General education electives:
Social Psychology= PSY-237

Free electives only:
Food Styling (CUL-301)
Coaching: The Future of Wellness (NUT-320)
Special Events and Meeting Planning (SMP-101)
Culinary Arts Techniques (CUL-101)
Nutritional Cooking (CUL-202)
Career counseling
Group Counseling
Therapeutic Interviewing

Hope this helps anyone that was wondering Smile
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 10 users Like suzycupcake's post:
  • davewill, harrypotter, Ideas, JWells247, MrsBulletPoints, quigongene, sanantone, shadowgem, sofinel, udi
Hey suzycupcake,

I haven't looked into taking any courses through Coopersmith, so thanks for sharing!

D
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • suzycupcake
Hmm... I wonder if this would create a "fully test-out-able" psychology degree. I haven't looked at the requirements, but with Coppersmith and Study.com , all the UL requirements should be there already.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • boymom1031
May I ask what coopersmith is like, as a comparison? I’m only familiar with a few platforms so far.

Thanks in advance!

NM, I found this thread! Sorry! Smilehttps://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...th-Courses
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
@bjcheung77 Psychology has been fully test out-able for a while now, but some of these make it more flexible in terms of where you slot in the UL classes.

@CarpeDiem8 I took one from them, and it was a really good experience, but you have to be okay with having the grade solely based on one exam. Some people embrace that (myself included), but some really don't like that. There seems to be growing interest in them on here lately, and they have an interesting course selection, so I'll probably write up a more full review in the next couple days.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(07-01-2019, 08:55 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: May I ask what coopersmith is like, as a comparison? I’m only familiar with a few platforms so far.

Thanks in advance!

NM, I found this thread! Sorry! Smilehttps://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...th-Courses

Hey Danielle! Just in case you were looking for additional info - I have only just gotten into the Drugs, Society and Human Behavior Course yesterday but it seems to be pretty straightforward. There is a ppt file which is supposed to be a "Crash Course Review". (You would be responsible for getting your own book though.) It's a one shot final exam (this is the only exam so if you pass you pass, if not you fail and have to take it again). 

I saw someone else say in another post that they only used the ppt to pass but the exam has 30 multiple choice questions (2 pts each) and 8 open ended ones (short essay questions) worth 5 pts each. Just doing a once or twice over, I'm not feeling confident the ppt would give me enough "meat" to answer any essay questions if I didn't have background in this info (which I don't). I'm usually a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl so I'm struggling with whether I want to get the book or not. I'm going to run through the slides again and make a decision. Either way, I'll report back!
Started June 2022

Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(07-02-2019, 12:58 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 08:55 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: May I ask what coopersmith is like, as a comparison? I’m only familiar with a few platforms so far.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Danielle! Just in case you were looking for additional info - I have only just gotten into the Drugs, Society and Human Behavior Course yesterday but it seems to be pretty straightforward. There is a ppt file which is supposed to be a "Crash Course Review". (You would be responsible for getting your own book though.) It's a one shot final exam (this is the only exam so if you pass you pass, if not you fail and have to take it again). 

I saw someone else say in another post that they only used the ppt to pass but the exam has 30 multiple choice questions (2 pts each) and 8 open ended ones (short essay questions) worth 5 pts each. Just doing a once or twice over, I'm not feeling confident the ppt would give me enough "meat" to answer any essay questions if I didn't have background in this info (which I don't). I'm usually a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl so I'm struggling with whether I want to get the book or not. I'm going to run through the slides again and make a decision. Either way, I'll report back!

In the course I took from them, the "essay" questions weren't really essays, but rather they wanted you to write a 2-3 sentence answer to the question rather than just answering multiple choice questions.
Completed:

Up Next:

(07-02-2019, 01:27 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

In the course I took from them, the "essay" questions weren't really essays, but rather they wanted you to write a 2-3 sentence answer to the question rather than just answering multiple choice questions.

THANK YOU!  This is great info - maybe I don't need the book after all!
Started June 2022

(07-02-2019, 02:05 PM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 01:27 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

THANK YOU!  This is great info - maybe I don't need the book after all!

I will note that it mentioned in the crash course video for my course (which was Eastern European Jewish Immigration, by the way) that there would be some more substantive essay questions, but that was not mentioned in the syllabus, and there was nothing on the exam indicating that some questions required 2-3 sentence answers and some required multiple paragraphs. I wrote 2-4 sentences for every non-multiple choice question and got 98% (and I know that one short answer question I was just completely wrong on - I had no idea, looked it up afterward and realized I had guessed wrong).
Completed:

Up Next:

(07-01-2019, 08:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm... I wonder if this would create a "fully test-out-able" psychology degree.  I haven't looked at the requirements, but with Coppersmith and Study.com , all the UL requirements should be there already.

I've had a TESU alt-credit only plan for years now on the wiki.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,244 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 411 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,386 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,897 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 546 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,009 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM