Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith
awesome, thanks so much Smile
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(06-03-2019, 07:37 AM)shaas Wrote: The way we do it now, it's just to the referrer. It's really an extension of the "salesperson" model we've always used. We make the exams available to marketers at wholesale and they charge their clients. 

But your comments are appreciated and perhaps we'll re-think the model.

I look forward to it. Social media is kinda popular now-days Wink Sharing is great marketing.
(11-16-2017, 03:47 PM)Rteurowise Wrote: Hey guys, I just signed up for the same Jewish settlement class on coopersmith, and got a very unofficial email asking me to PayPal the $150 to a random Yahoo email address. It seems a little sketchy to me, was wondering if anyone else got the same email and it worked out for them.

I paid through a webpage checkout process.

If anyone is considering the poetry class (which is upper level at TESU), feel free to PM me.

(06-03-2019, 06:42 AM)cookderosa Wrote: That's the kind of coupon I like the best.  Not regarding jsd, but to simply say "hey use my referral- there's nothing in it for you, but use it because I get money" is a little funky- that's not the kind of coupon I'd share in my homeschool community (it's also the kind I would delete if someone else posted) but  most businesses do something like "share this and you sign up we both get $5" or whatever.  That's a better play because everyone benefits.  I'm curious which type this is, mainly because I'm trying to decide if *I will be sharing it too.

I would like some benefit to the buyer as well.

That said, I think that you give so much that your readers would be happy to buy just because you get money Smile They know you have boys in school and (some of them know) that you want to take extra courses yourself.

I'm not in the same league as you, but I would still hope people would use my referral code too because of information I have shared / can share. If my code is used, that helps me have more time posting on this forum, PMing, or emailing.

(06-04-2019, 04:16 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 03:47 PM)Rteurowise Wrote: Hey guys, I just signed up for the same Jewish settlement class on coopersmith, and got a very unofficial email asking me to PayPal the $150 to a random Yahoo email address. It seems a little sketchy to me, was wondering if anyone else got the same email and it worked out for them.

I paid through a webpage checkout process.

If anyone is considering the poetry class (which is upper level at TESU), feel free to PM me.

(06-03-2019, 06:42 AM)cookderosa Wrote: That's the kind of coupon I like the best.  Not regarding jsd, but to simply say "hey use my referral- there's nothing in it for you, but use it because I get money" is a little funky- that's not the kind of coupon I'd share in my homeschool community (it's also the kind I would delete if someone else posted) but  most businesses do something like "share this and you sign up we both get $5" or whatever.  That's a better play because everyone benefits.  I'm curious which type this is, mainly because I'm trying to decide if *I will be sharing it too.

I would like some benefit to the buyer as well.

That said, I think that you give so much that your readers would be happy to buy just because you get money Smile They know you have boys in school and (some of them know) that you want to take extra courses yourself.

I'm not in the same league as you, but I would still hope people would use my referral code too because of information I have shared / can share. If my code is used, that helps me have more time posting on this forum, PMing, or emailing.

No question I'll use jsd's code so he can benefit, I'm fine with that but I wouldn't share a referral code with my HS4CC members unless it provided a benefit to them. I have TOLD THEM about Coopersmith in my books and blog, so it's there if they look.
Does Coopersmith allow a student to trade in a course? I purchased a course a while back and it turns out it won't be as useful for my plan as I thought, so would like to swap it for another if that is possible. If not, well, my fault and I'll just have to eat the cost.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-05-2019, 12:06 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Does Coopersmith allow a student to trade in a course? I purchased a course a while back and it turns out it won't be as useful for my plan as I thought, so would like to swap it for another if that is possible. If not, well, my fault and I'll just have to eat the cost.

Sure; that's not a problem; just shoot me an email with your name, the course and which you'd like to switch it for and I'll take care of it. shaas@coopersmithcc.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes shaas's post:
  • saraholson
Are there any assignments for Coopersmith classes or is it just the final exam?
(06-05-2019, 01:05 PM)saraholson Wrote: Are there any assignments for Coopersmith classes or is it just the final exam?

Depends on the course. For most courses, it's just an exam. But some courses (English and Communications, mainly) require written assignments or videoed presentations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shaas's post:
  • saraholson
(06-05-2019, 08:30 AM)cookderosa Wrote: No question I'll use jsd's code so he can benefit, I'm fine with that but I wouldn't share a referral code with my HS4CC members unless it provided a benefit to them.  I have TOLD THEM about Coopersmith in my books and blog, so it's there if they look.

I appreciate it! But don't feel obligated to since there's no benefit on your side. I only shared my code because i was curious to see the process, and now I've seen it! I feel weird trying to push a code only to get paid. Coopersmith has a lot of good options, lots of people could probably benefit from their offerings. But if no one uses my code, that's cool Smile
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
So I'll ask a question that others that read this thread may wonder as well....

What courses would be recommended from Coopersmith for UL requirements for the TESU BALS plan?
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes darthweezy's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,359 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 565 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 429 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,986 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 563 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,027 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,253 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,242 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM