Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith
(06-05-2019, 01:20 PM)jsd Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 08:30 AM)cookderosa Wrote: No question I'll use jsd's code so he can benefit, I'm fine with that but I wouldn't share a referral code with my HS4CC members unless it provided a benefit to them.  I have TOLD THEM about Coopersmith in my books and blog, so it's there if they look.

I appreciate it! But don't feel obligated to since there's no benefit on your side. I only shared my code because i was curious to see the process, and now I've seen it! I feel weird trying to push a code only to get paid. Coopersmith has a lot of good options, lots of people could probably benefit from their offerings. But if no one uses my code, that's cool Smile

I appreciate that, but I'm happy to help you out. Wink You've helped me as well.

(06-05-2019, 04:25 PM)darthweezy Wrote: So I'll ask a question that others that read this thread may wonder as well....

What courses would be recommended from Coopersmith for UL requirements for the TESU BALS plan?

Let me show you how to do this.

Go to NCCRS website http://www.nationalccrs.org

Search Coopersmith

Their list is there, but go down under the list to each course and read where each says "Credit Recommendation" (hint: control + F allows you to move more quickly by typing "upper")

In that sentence, you'll want to locate the words "upper division" credit. If the course is evaluated as upper level by NCCRS and it is one of TESU's recognized liberal arts subjects, you're probably good to go! Note that I did find a few that were evaluated as UL but will never be counted as such through TESU (ex. Macroeconomics) but this gets you started at least.
(06-06-2019, 11:24 AM)cookderosaLet me show you how to do this. Wrote: Go to NCCRS website http://www.nationalccrs.org

Search Coopersmith

Their list is there, but go down under the list to each course and read where each says "Credit Recommendation"  (hint:  control + F allows you to move more quickly by typing "upper")

In that sentence, you'll want to locate the words "upper division" credit.  If the course is evaluated as upper level by NCCRS and it is one of TESU's recognized liberal arts subjects, you're probably good to go!  Note that I did find a few that were evaluated as UL but will never be counted as such through TESU (ex. Macroeconomics) but this gets you started at least.

Nice, I've always wanted to know how you guys are able to find these so fast.  Thanks for the tip!
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes darthweezy's post:
  • cookderosa
SHAAS - There are so many different ways that a referral system can work, my recommendation is a bonus for both the person who refers and also the person who got referred. For example, John Smith purchases a course exam with a referral from Jane Doe. With that referral, John Smith gets a discount for his next course and Jane Doe gets the same discount on her next course. The benefit of this is, it will Force another Sale of a course for BOTH parties. You win by having a second purchase from both people, the two involved in the referral process also get a discount on their next courses, and the world is a better place...

I'll use Study.com's referral example, since I like them so much. The first month is a 20% discount for the referral and it's a one time thing. The person referring gets $10 each referral they make. To elaborate: My cousin refers someone from here and that person gets 20% on $200, that's a $40 discount for that person. My cousin then gets $10 each time he does the referral. In the last two months, he's done 8. This reward system is good, but not as "even for both referral and referrer" as I would do it...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-06-2019, 03:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: SHAAS - There are so many different ways that a referral system can work, my recommendation is a bonus for both the person who refers and also the person who got referred.  For example, John Smith purchases a course exam with a referral from Jane Doe.  With that referral, John Smith gets a discount for his next course and Jane Doe gets the same discount on her next course.  The benefit of this is, it will Force another Sale of a course for BOTH parties.  You win by having a second purchase from both people, the two involved in the referral process also get a discount on their next courses, and the world is a better place...

I'll use Study.com's referral example,  since I like them so much.   The first month is a 20% discount for the referral and it's a one time thing.  The person referring gets $10 each referral they make.  To elaborate:  My cousin refers someone from here and that person gets 20% on $200, that's a $40 discount for that person.  My cousin then gets $10 each time he does the referral.   In the last two months, he's done 8.  This reward system is good, but not as "even for both referral and referrer" as I would do it...

Thank you for the feedback. We will consider it.
Anyone know about how long I should expect it to take before I get my results back from Coopersmith? I took my exam this afternoon and even though I'm pretty confident I passed, I'll feel better once I know for certain.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
I took mine way back in 2016 (when they were using Tor CC as an intermediary and I took it with an in-person proctor). It was submitted to them on 6/14 and I heard back on 6/29. I imagine it's probably more streamlined now that they're not working through Tor CC and have an online proctoring setup on their end.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(06-20-2019, 04:11 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Anyone know about how long I should expect it to take before I get my results back from Coopersmith? I took my exam this afternoon and even though I'm pretty confident I passed, I'll feel better once I know for certain.

Later today hopefully.

But looking at the multiple choice, I hope you won't take it as a FERPA violation if I say that you have nothing to worry about.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes shaas's post:
  • suzycupcake
(06-21-2019, 12:13 AM)shaas Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 04:11 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Anyone know about how long I should expect it to take before I get my results back from Coopersmith? I took my exam this afternoon and even though I'm pretty confident I passed, I'll feel better once I know for certain.

Later today hopefully.

But looking at the multiple choice, I hope you won't take it as a FERPA violation if I say that you have nothing to worry about.  Smile

Ha, thank you! I've discovered that there are few things in life that I'm better at than multiple choice questions. I know for certain I missed badly on at least one short answer question (I looked up the answer afterward), but there's obviously a bit of a buffer between getting everything right and getting a passing score.

Thanks for everything!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Just an FYI to everyone. Coopersmith offers a 10% discount on 5 courses or more.
BABA, New England College, 2019
[-] The following 2 users Like harrypotter's post:
  • CarpeDiem8, TwinMom
(05-11-2020, 07:07 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Just an FYI to everyone. Coopersmith offers a 10% discount on 5 courses or more.

You have to ask for it, it's not automatic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • harrypotter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,241 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 409 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,894 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 545 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,007 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,232 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,192 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM