Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus Deals
Are there any deal besides Sophia and ASU that I missed?
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
ALEKS, but I don't know if this is only for younger people. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...il-30-2020

Also TESU discounting tuition, but it's still expensive.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • udi
udi Wrote:Are there any deal besides Sophia and ASU that I missed?

These are still on-going, so you haven't missed them yet. So get them while it's hot!

Ideas Wrote:ALEKS, but I don't know if this is only for younger people. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...il-30-2020

Yeah - ALEKS is free for two months, I think it's for everyone (hopefully, so everyone can take advantage!).

TESU discounting is only for visiting students, apparently they added "a visiting" student tuition now. Using the Study.com tuition would be cheaper for in-state or out-of-state students, don't even bother with visiting student tuition. I don't know why they even added that. My earlier post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid305762
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Ideas
(04-06-2020, 12:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
udi Wrote:Are there any deal besides Sophia and ASU that I missed?

These are still on-going, so you haven't missed them yet. So get them while it's hot!

Ideas Wrote:ALEKS, but I don't know if this is only for younger people. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...il-30-2020

Yeah - ALEKS is free for two months, I think it's for everyone (hopefully, so everyone can take advantage!).

TESU discounting is only for visiting students, apparently they added "a visiting" student tuition now.  Using the Study.com tuition would be cheaper for in-state or out-of-state students, don't even bother with visiting student tuition.  I don't know why they even added that.  My earlier post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid305762
If you need Principles of Management or American History, Pearson/Lumerit Unbound has made an offer of those SPECIFIC courses free, at this link: https://go.getunbound.org/spring-course-tf . Just saw the Facebook ad, clicked through and select your free course was limited to those courses. 

I begged on FB for some discount available for DSST subjects that aren't available except at Study.com like Human Resource Management and Introduction to Criminal Justice.
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
[-] The following 2 users Like Library2HospitalChaplain's post:
  • alab21, MNomadic
(04-07-2020, 12:58 PM)Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote: If you need Principles of Management or American History, Pearson/Lumerit Unbound has made an offer of those SPECIFIC courses free, at this link: https://go.getunbound.org/spring-course-tf . Just saw the Facebook ad, clicked through and select your free course was limited to those courses. 

Hmm... that's interesting! Does anyone know how these are proctored? I'd be interested in trying this out depending on the proctoring situation.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
I'm wondering how that works as well and how the proctoring works with this... Pearson/Lumerit courses expire in 2/3 months respectively within the ACE registry, so get them fast. Note: This is a great alternative for those who can't finish the free Sophia.org US History I as it expires at the end of this month. You can use Pearson/Lumerit for that course and also take Principles of Management as Sophia.org doesn't offer that...

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • JWells247
(04-06-2020, 11:52 AM)udi Wrote: Are there any deal besides Sophia and ASU that I missed
Do you have a link for ASU? Is it Arizona state and is it through Coursera? Thanks

(04-07-2020, 06:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I'm wondering how that works as well and how the proctoring works with this... Pearson/Lumerit courses expire in 2/3 months respectively within the ACE registry, so get them fast.  Note: This is a great alternative for those who can't finish the free Sophia.org US History I as it expires at the end of this month.  You can use Pearson/Lumerit for that course and also take Principles of Management as Sophia.org doesn't offer that...
I just finished US History 1 on Sophia. Hopefully TESU accepts it.
Lacedonia4, That's great you finished it in time for TESU to accept the credit! As long as it's in ACE before the end of the month, they'll accept it, as I don't think there is an option for TESU to take it directly from Sophia.org

To answer your previous question, it's ASU alone (earned admissions) and not part of any MOOC like Coursera, the ASU link is just 5 threads below this one: I'll link you! https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...08-17-2020

(04-07-2020, 08:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Lacedonia4, That's great you finished it in time for TESU to accept the credit!  As long as it's in ACE before the end of the month, they'll accept it, as I don't think there is an option for TESU to take it directly from Sophia.org

To answer your previous question, it's ASU alone (earned admissions) and not part of any MOOC like Coursera, the ASU link is just 5 threads below this one: I'll link you! https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...08-17-2020
Thanks.

One more question, the US History 1 on sophia appeared not to be proctored. But they say it is completed and waiting for transcripts. 

Are all the other courses on sophia also not proctored right now?

I am also taking Algebra, Biology and Greek philosophers on sophia. As well as Medical Terminology at TESU, TECEP format.

Thanks for the ASU link, I probably won't be able to take any of those classes.

Still sad that they shut down the test center just as I was about to take a 6 credit CLEP for Analysis & Interpretation of Literature, which I need to complete Info Literacy.
In the past, before Unbound was owned by Pearson, Lumerit would constantly contact us about taking classes - calling all the time. Did anyone else have that experience? Anyway I can't see the courses without submitting my info which is giving me a bad feeling. It's ACE credit?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has coronavirus opened up any new opportunities for on-line art degrees? Pelican 3 1,578 03-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: TwinMom