Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correlation between ECE practice exam and actual exams
Greetings,

ECE staff could offer no help on this question, so I’ll ask each of you what your experience reveals.

I've completed the two Ethics practice exams and I have no feel for whether or not my performance will merit at least a 'c' on the actual exam. So, if I want to use the practice exams as a benchmark as to whether or not I’m ready for the actual exam, what is a reasonable numerical to letter grade translation?

Clear as mud?

Thank you.
cbeuser Wrote:Greetings,

ECE staff could offer no help on this question, so I’ll ask each of you what your experience reveals.

I've completed the two Ethics practice exams and I have no feel for whether or not my performance will merit at least a 'c' on the actual exam. So, if I want to use the practice exams as a benchmark as to whether or not I’m ready for the actual exam, what is a reasonable numerical to letter grade translation?

Clear as mud?

Thank you.

There were six categories graded on my test. My highest score was 80% and my lowest was 56%. That got me an A on the Ethics exam. However, my scores were much higher for Org Behavior and HRM and I received a B for those.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
It is pretty close, Im not sure about grade correlation, but I would definately say that if you are passing the practice exams, then you will pass the actual exams. Another good thing about the ECE Ethics exam is a lot of the scenario story questions from the practice exams reappear in the actual exam. Only the questions about the scenarios are different.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"]Bachelor of Science - Excelsior College[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Areas of Focus: Administrative/Management & Health Professions[/SIZE][/COLOR]
cederic824 Wrote:It is pretty close, Im not sure about grade correlation, but I would definately say that if you are passing the practice exams, then you will pass the actual exams. Another good thing about the ECE Ethics exam is a lot of the scenario story questions from the practice exams reappear in the actual exam. Only the questions about the scenarios are different.

Thank you for the observation regarding the content similarities between the exams. This is most helpful. However, I wonder what a “passing” grade on the practice exam correlates to.
I used the Ethics practice exams, but I can't remember what I did on them. I used them for Abnormal Psych, too, and I do remember that I scored a 77/100 on both practice tests. I ended up with an A on the actual exam.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"]Bachelor of Science - Excelsior College[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Areas of Focus: Administrative/Management & Health Professions[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,450 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,956 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,783 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,019 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,545 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  TESU/ACE/Microsoft Exams AwardTour 10 2,985 07-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,642 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  Public Relations Thought and Practice and Managerial Communications TECEPs gentleman4561 5 1,461 06-13-2018, 01:03 AM
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,944 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
  TESU BSBA by exam Sparklette 5 1,653 05-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: davewill