Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost of Attendance
Does anyone know the cost of attendance for Your Pace? All I can find is for the traditional school. The school has not been helpful when I have asked. Thanks
It says so on the Degree Pages. $1,400 per session.

There are 6 sessions a year. 2 in the Spring, 2 in the Summer, 2 in the Fall. Sessions are like terms at most schools, a period of 8 weeks each.

For the Masters' Degree: It is $2,000 per session.
I suggest not rushing into things and deciding right away if UMPI is your school or not, research more by reading the school website with their program offerings and this forum for extra details: Here is the information on their webpage: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/  Here is an example of a post I made in regards to UMPI: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid333885
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I appreciate the responses but that is tuition.  I am looking for the cost of attendance that is used to determine the maximum amount of financial aid. I have gone through all pages of their site and have been accepted already. My appointment with Jennifer is not until Thursday so I was hoping that someone who has received financial aid at Your Pace would have this number. Example: WGU annual tuition is $6,740.00 but the cost of attendance is $13,940.00 so the maximum amount of financial aid that can be used is $13,940.00. Thanks!
(04-11-2021, 08:31 AM)GrimmFire Wrote: I appreciate the responses but that is tuition.  I am looking for the cost of attendance that is used to determine the maximum amount of financial aid. I have gone through all pages of their site and have been accepted already. My appointment with Jennifer is not until Thursday so I was hoping that someone who has received financial aid at Your Pace would have this number. Example: WGU annual tuition is $6,740.00 but the cost of attendance is $13,940.00 so the maximum amount of financial aid that can be used is $13,940.00. Thanks!
Our answers were valid. It just takes simple math. The amount of terms you want to take multiply by $1400. It's $1400 per session/term flat. There's no random fees hidden in it like TESU, COSC, WGU, etc. If you want to attend all 6 terms the annual cost is 1400*6 is $8400. If you want to do Spring and Fall only it is $5600. If you can finish everything in two terms like me, it is $2,800. THE COST IS FLAT.

This isn't a factor for UMPI. Keep in mind, the "Cost of Attendance" calculators count ROOM AND BOARD. This is not a factor for UMPI, thus, it isn't counted. You're not staying in a dorm at a WGU Campus or at UMPI campus. So it isn't a factor to them. Keep in mind that there is a huge difference between going to Maine in Person and YourPace. There's no textbook fees like the other universities. There's no room and board. There's none of that. There are no ridiculous cost fees. WGU's calculator counts $6000 for "Room and board".

I received financial aid. I am just above the Pell Grant level. If you get a Pell Grant they guarantee 100% would be covered for Maine citizens. If you qualify for the Pell Grant you'd get only $6195, under the condition you attend two terms ($5600) which covers he full amount. 

I made slightly too much in 2017 (remember that FAFSA counts your income from 2-3 years ago not last year, so the 2020 year doesn't count for student aid yet). I was around $100 more then the cutoff for Pell. They gave me a subsidized loan for each semester at $1,605.00, I choose to pay the $1195 out of pocket on a monthly payment plan with the University. They also offered me a $3,500 loan that isn't subsidized as well for each term.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • jch
So no one here has ever received a financial aid disbursement after tuition was paid?
(04-11-2021, 02:00 PM)GrimmFire Wrote: So no one here has ever received a financial aid disbursement after tuition was paid?

They gave me the option of that for around $2500 but you have to pay that back. I don’t want to owe. For pell grant it barely covers the tuition as pell isn’t super generous enough to live off of. This is why pell recipients at regular colleges still take loans.
(04-11-2021, 02:00 PM)GrimmFire Wrote: So no one here has ever received a financial aid disbursement after tuition was paid?

If WGU allows cost-of-attendance in addition to tuition, then UMPI should as well.  They count the cost of living even if you're not on campus.  Even if you take 100% online courses, you still have to live somewhere.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-11-2021, 02:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

If WGU allows cost-of-attendance in addition to tuition, then UMPI should as well.  They count the cost of living even if you're not on campus.  Even if you take 100% online courses, you still have to live somewhere.

They do. I got pell grant to cover full tuition plus they offered loans in addition to that I'm pretty sure.
The max pell grant for 2020-2021 is $6,345, and for 2021-2022 it's $6,495. The rest would be loans.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Total Cost of UMPI Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration EducationSeeker 10 1,862 06-23-2022, 10:04 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Risk and Cost Management Ann7 5 719 11-17-2021, 01:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts