Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost of Attendance
Thank you all for confirming that their is money offered after tuition. That confirms that either there is additional cost of attendance beyond tuition or UMPI is violating federal law, but I am leaning towards additional COA.

I appreciate the time ya'll took to respond even though I do not like the way some of it was presented. I realize that online schools do not offer dorms. I am aware that the tuition is stated on just about every page of UMPI Your Pace. I understand that loans have to be repaid. It is awesome that people are able to attend school without the extra help but not all can. When "room and board" are added to a schools COA, that does not mean they are charging you for that. It can help those that need the extra financial aid for their living expenses no matter where they are living while attending college. 

I was not asking for financial advice or asking if this was a school I should attend, I just wanted to know if anyone had the COA. I will update once I speak to Jessica so that the information is here for anyone else that has this question.
(04-11-2021, 07:11 PM)GrimmFire Wrote: Thank you all for confirming that their is money offered after tuition. That confirms that either there is additional cost of attendance beyond tuition or UMPI is violating federal law, but I am leaning towards additional COA.

I appreciate the time ya'll took to respond even though I do not like the way some of it was presented. I realize that online schools do not offer dorms. I am aware that the tuition is stated on just about every page of UMPI Your Pace. I understand that loans have to be repaid. It is awesome that people are able to attend school without the extra help but not all can. When "room and board" are added to a schools COA, that does not mean they are charging you for that. It can help those that need the extra financial aid for their living expenses no matter where they are living while attending college. 

I was not asking for financial advice or asking if this was a school I should attend, I just wanted to know if anyone had the COA. I will update once I speak to Jessica so that the information is here for anyone else that has this question.

Jessica is not the person to ask on this. You should reach out to Lynnelle Foster or Laurie. Their contact information is on the website. 100% of your Financial Aid questions need to go to them. Not Jessica. https://online.umpi.edu/student-resources.aspx Talking to Sales or Advisors they will only be able to answer what is on the website, not for what is on the financial aid side.

UMPI does state their Cost of Attendance on their website: https://www.umpi.edu/offices/student-fin...on-a-fees/

The only difference is the YourPace will be Tuition + Room and Board. That's it.  So $1400 + room and board. The other fees don't count towards YourPace.

As I said in my previous posts, UMPI did offer to disperse me about $2,500 beyond. I just didn't know it was called "Cost of Attendance" as that is not the term they used, they just call it cost of living disbursements. UMPI does follow federal law pretty closely, and in fact gave all students a few hundred dollars just to attend and let us get it as cash or towards tuition. It is typically pretty bad practice to get a 'cost disbursement' Again, after you hit the 20k mark your loans are no longer by the federal government will no longer subsidize your loans. These loans will follow you for life. You cannot shed them by bankruptcy, etc.
Thanks to Jessica and Danielle they have found the information. Here is what they sent me.
YourPace Program
Estimated Cost of Attendance - Fall and Spring terms
Tuition & Fees $5,600
Room & Board $3,050
Travel             $500
Miscellaneous   $1,100
Loan Fees        $40
Total               $10,290
Cost of Attendance we use when a student is enrolled in all four sessions for the fall and spring terms. If a student's enrollment is altered (not enrolled in all four sessions during the academic year or two sessions for the summer) the "costs" below are adjusted to reflect the student's enrollment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrimmFire's post:
  • dbinghamjr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Total Cost of UMPI Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration EducationSeeker 10 1,775 06-23-2022, 10:04 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Risk and Cost Management Ann7 5 700 11-17-2021, 01:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts