Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course Offering from Saylor.org
Toastmaster Wrote:Saylor seems confused on the Corporate Communication class. What I mean is, on their site they have the class listed as ACE and NCCRS, but when I go to ACE they don't mention the class lol. Not sure if I have to set up an NCCRS account or not. :/

It was ACE Approved this spring - my son took the exam and received credit via ACE. I just checked ACE's site, though, and only seven courses are showing up as ACE approved - very strange.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I just checked and there seems to be an error on Ace's site, because it says the Corp Comm class is valid 4/1/2015 - 3/31/2018, yet it's not showing up on the course list.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:I just checked and there seems to be an error on Ace's site, because it says the Corp Comm class is valid 4/1/2015 - 3/31/2018, yet it's not showing up on the course list.

You can also request Saylor to submit directly to a university, which they will do free of charge:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQ...rm?c=0&w=1
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
rowan555 Wrote:I just checked and there seems to be an error on Ace's site, because it says the Corp Comm class is valid 4/1/2015 - 3/31/2018, yet it's not showing up on the course list.

It's there - you have to look under ACP ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training
cookderosa Wrote:It's there - you have to look under ACP ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training

It's on that page, but I logged on to my son's account and attempted to add the course, and it wasn't there.

I'm attempting Macroeconomics by studying the quizzes, final, and other sources. Didn't do very well the first time. 2nd attempt in two or three weeks. Part of the problem is that I have zero interest in the material at this time.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:I'm attempting Macroeconomics by studying the quizzes, final, and other sources. Didn't do very well the first time. 2nd attempt in two or three weeks. Part of the problem is that I have zero interest in the material at this time.

My son failed both Macro and Micro Saylor finals after doing fairly well on the practice tests and feeling he had a decent handle on the material - he blew through both courses on Straighterline in one week and did well even though those are among SL's closed book final exams. He was trying to save money by going with Saylor, but SL was a much better choice for him.

rowan555 Wrote:It's on that page, but I logged on to my son's account and attempted to add the course, and it wasn't there.

follow up with ACE. That course has ACE approval and is part of the ACP.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,518 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 530 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,262 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 841 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,150 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study resources for Saylor courses Personherebb9 0 741 12-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,364 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,382 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Saylor Study & common degrees it's used for vetvso 4 847 09-24-2022, 11:20 PM