Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course Plans
Is there a course plan "planner" for TESU?

As I go through the different degrees, it is hard to tell what degree might be a easy fit for me based on the classes I already have.

I was lucky enough to read enough of the forum to discover a Academic Evaluation from a student that they posted and it had a number of the classes that were crossed over in my  unofficial transcript at TESU from 2014.

I will have to reapply as I hadn't taken classes at TESU after applying in 2014. But I want to be sure TESU is the right direction at this point... and what value do I have in applying right now if I still need 30+ credits outside of their system.

I don't want to waste time on courses that won't cross for a degree plan I'm going to be working on, but the degree program credit distribution lists lack detail to understand what is accepted.
The closest is this: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

You'll have to do things manually, but it should still give you a good idea of what to take and what not to take. Applying right now and then paying $50 for the Medical Terminology TECEP would bring you in as a fully enrolled student for the next 12 months. This would unlock things like unlimited evaluations (so you could send things to TESU as you complete them) and access to various research libraries.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(12-10-2021, 11:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The closest is this: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

You'll have to do things manually, but it should still give you a good idea of what to take and what not to take. Applying right now and then paying $50 for the Medical Terminology TECEP would bring you in as a fully enrolled student for the next 12 months. This would unlock things like unlimited evaluations (so you could send things to TESU as you complete them) and access to various research libraries.

I did see this... and it is part of my confusion...

This link shows the requirements for Oral Comm to be com-209 for a BAGE - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

BUT, This link shows the evaluation of a student at TESU with a Oral Comm class like mine (com-108) - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=3727

I have a list of courses that I am not sure how they would fit in the credit requirements based on the "recommended course to take" vs what they will accept...
[-] The following 1 user Likes uncoolbilly's post:
  • Pikachu
List your courses here and we can tell you.

School (RA or NA, semester-based or quarter-based)
Course #, full course name, # of credits, grade if less than a C.

Rinse and repeat for every course taken at a school, and then for each school you've gone to.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • carrythenothing
Course numbers at your local CC don't matter at all. They're going to be different at different schools. What matters is the course content.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Here is the list of Classes TESU has already changed to their numbering system

BUS-299 Special Topics in Business
MUS-212 Rock and Roll Music
BIO-102 Biology of Human Concerns
COP-299 Internship/Co-Op Education
PHI-101 Introduction to Philosophy
COP-199 Internship/ Co-Op Education
PHI-180 Introduction to Ethics
ACC-101 Prin. of Finl Acctg
ART-100 A World of Art
COM-108 Fundamentals of Speech
MAR-201 Principles of Marketing
ECO-111 Macroeconomics
ENC-102 English Composition II
ENC-101 English Composition I
LAW-201 Business Law
SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology
BUS-101 Introduction to Business
PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology

Here are the remaining courses that I have not submitted to them yet - ALL classes are from South Suburban Community College (an RA - HLC) semester-based

HLT-101 Health and Wellness 2.00
AST-101 Introduction to Astronom Lab 4.00
MTH-126 Fundamentals of Statistics 3.00
Astronomy should be AST-101 Intro to Astronomy and AST-199 Intro to Astronomy Lab.
Health & Wellness may come in as HEA-106. I think this is an elective only.
Statistics is STA-201

I can't say whether or not Fundamentals of Speech will work for the oral communication requirement. I think it should?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I cant eve find COM-108 in the TESU catalog to understand what they crossed it over to...

Communications goes from COM-100 to COM-120 - there is no COM-108 at TESU

https://www2.tesu.edu/listall.php?_ga=2....1638887761
TESU has a vast database of course identifiers used for transfer credits. The online catalog only lists courses offered directly at TESU. They'll come up with something
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
TESU offers a very, very small selection of courses in comparison to the courses that they'll bring in from elsewhere. If you check https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html and compare it to the course catalog, you'll notice that some of the courses match up but a lot of them (mainly UL courses) have no direct equivalent at TESU.

Don't worry about the course numbers or names as much as the course contents and whether it's UL or LL.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,533 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Updates to BA degree plans on wiki rachel83az 7 1,161 09-06-2022, 01:57 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Payment Plans? terryd5150 9 2,541 08-16-2019, 02:18 PM
Last Post: terryd5150