Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course Plans
So, you are looking at a BALS or BSBA as your fastest/cheapest options at TESU. You could also do a History or Psych degree I suppose. You just need to decide what you're more interested in and get moving.

BTW, if you want to look at other schools, you're better off putting the original course info, rather than TESU's conversion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's where everything will go:

BUS-299 Special Topics in Business - if BSBA, AoS LL elective, if BALS, Free Elective
MUS-212 Rock and Roll Music - GE/Humanities
BIO-102 Biology of Human Concerns - GE/Science
COP-299 Internship/Co-Op Education - Free Elective
PHI-101 Introduction to Philosophy - GE/Humanities
COP-199 Internship/ Co-Op Education - Free Elective
PHI-180 Introduction to Ethics - GE/Ethics requirement
ACC-101 Prin. of Finl Acctg - if BSBA, core; if BALS, Free Elective
ART-100 A World of Art - GE/Humanities
COM-108 Fundamentals of Speech - GE/Oral Comm requirement
MAR-201 Principles of Marketing - if BSBA, core; if BALS, Free Elective
ECO-111 Macroeconomics - if BSBA, core; if BALS, GE/Social Science
ENC-102 English Composition II - GE/Written Comp requirement
ENC-101 English Composition I - GE/Written Comp requirement
LAW-201 Business Law - if BSBA, core; if BALS, Free Elective
SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology - GE/Diversity requirement
BUS-101 Introduction to Business - Free Elective
PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology - GE/Social Science
HLT-101 Health and Wellness 2.00 - Free Elective
AST-101 Introduction to Astronom Lab 4.00 - GE/Science
MTH-126 Fundamentals of Statistics 3.00 - if BSBA, core; if BALS, GE/Quantitative Literacy
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu, uncoolbilly
(12-10-2021, 03:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So, you are looking at a BALS or BSBA as your fastest/cheapest options at TESU.  You could also do a History or Psych degree I suppose.  You just need to decide what you're more interested in and get moving.

BTW, if you want to look at other schools, you're better off putting the original course info, rather than TESU's conversion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's where everything will go:

BUS-299 Special Topics in Business - if BSBA, AoS LL elective, if BALS, Free Elective
MUS-212 Rock and Roll Music - GE/Humanities
BIO-102 Biology of Human Concerns - GE/Science
COP-299 Internship/Co-Op Education - Free Elective
PHI-101 Introduction to Philosophy - GE/Humanities
COP-199 Internship/ Co-Op Education - Free Elective
PHI-180 Introduction to Ethics - GE/Ethics requirement
ACC-101 Prin. of Finl Acctg - if BSBA, core; if BALS, Free Elective
ART-100 A World of Art - GE/Humanities
COM-108 Fundamentals of Speech - GE/Oral Comm requirement
MAR-201 Principles of Marketing - if BSBA, core; if BALS, Free Elective
ECO-111 Macroeconomics - if BSBA, core; if BALS, GE/Social Science
ENC-102 English Composition II - GE/Written Comp requirement
ENC-101 English Composition I - GE/Written Comp requirement
LAW-201 Business Law - if BSBA, core; if BALS, Free Elective
SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology - GE/Diversity requirement
BUS-101 Introduction to Business - Free Elective
PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology - GE/Social Science
HLT-101 Health and Wellness 2.00 - Free Elective
AST-101 Introduction to Astronom Lab 4.00 - GE/Science
MTH-126 Fundamentals of Statistics 3.00 - if BSBA, core; if BALS, GE/Quantitative Literacy

Thanks for all the help…. Am open to a different school. A business degree is the degree of choice, but I am open to a BALS.

Here’s the source credits, all from south suburban community college

(3 credit classes)
MTH-126   Fundamentals of Statistics 
BUS-108 Intro to Bus 0
PSY-101 Intro to Psych
BLW-201 Intr to Bus Law
ENG-101 Comp & Rhetoric
SOC-101 Intro to Soc
ECO-201 Econ/Macro
ENG-102 Comp & Lit
BUS-203 Prin of Mkt
SPE-108 Oral Commun
ART-107 Art Appreciation
PHL-102 Ethics
BUS-253 Maktg-Mgmt Internship I
PHL-101 Introduction to Philosophy 
BUS-254 Maktg-Mgmt Internship II
BIO-101 Concepts of Biology
BLW-203 Legal Environment of Bus
HUM-205 Introduction to Rock 'n

(2 credit classes)
HLT-101 Health and Wellness

(4 credit classes)
AST-101 Introduction to Astronomy 
ACC-120 Financial Accounting
Since you have a science-with-a-lab (astronomy), you could also consider a business degree from UMPI: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ You'd need Spanish from InstantCert (or an ACTFL exam if you're fluent in a different foreign language) and a few Sophia.org classes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu, uncoolbilly
(12-10-2021, 07:33 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Since you have a science-with-a-lab (astronomy), you could also consider a business degree from UMPI: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/  You'd need Spanish from InstantCert (or an ACTFL exam if you're fluent in a different foreign language) and a few Sophia.org classes.

Interesting option, though the foreign language requirement is daunting (I have hearing issues so some sounds are difficult to hear correctly). I do like the majority of classes being on a low cost provider.

Boring background warning - CIS classes are cake for me (working in IT for 30+ years), but it’s a career I’m looking to move away from. Business and legal classes are exciting to me with psychology and sociology being next. 

Goal is just to have a degree to replace the area used by all my certifications on my resume.

Looks like a spreadsheet will be needed to weigh options. Is there a good default one available with the different schools and classes available? (I know it’s a stretch but I’ve seen a few kewl personal ones so far).
UMPI BAS (with a minor you select from YourPace offerings). If you take two terms at UMPI, that's $2800 at $1400/term, plus let's say $79/month x 3 for Sophia.org and $200/month for Study.com...  You need 30 residency credits, the rest can all be ACE courses or CLEP pass/fail exams and the bulk would be the ACE credits available from Sophia.org!   For the UMPI BAS (this is a non CBE program but you can use courses in the YourPace CBE to complete the program).  Link: https://www.umpi.edu/files/academics/pro...ce_BAS.pdf 

UMPI 2 Terms: $2800
Sophia.org 3 months: $237
Study.com 1 month: $200
2 Term Subtotal: $3237

UMPI 3 Terms: $4200
Sophia.org 3 months: $237
Study.com 1 month: $200
3 Term Subtotal: $4637

An option is going for Excelsior as they just require 7 credits (Info lit, cornerstone & capstone), you can use alternative credit for the remainder of 113.  Excelsior is $410/credit X 7 = $2870.  There are extra fees such as grad, etc.  Should come up to roughly $4K, plus extra courses fees from Sophia.org, Davar, Study.com, Onlinedegree.com, Saylor.org, CLEP/MS, whatever else you want to use to save on cash, energy, time.  Total can be roughly $5K all in... depending on which providers you use to get the 90+ alternative credits.

Finally, another option, TESU... if you take 16 credits residency, it'll be $4639.  You can take the corner/capstone, PLA 100, plus 3 easy epacks.  Then take any cheap RA credits to hit 30-31 total.  The rest can come from ACE/NCCRS credits with the same examples listed above for Excelsior.  Total can add up to roughly $5K... depending on which providers you use to get the 90+ alternative credits.

Note: UMPI does not take NCCRS, Excelsior and TESU does.  UMPI is Competency based and you pay by term, the faster the cheaper, as mentioned, if you do 3 terms at UMPI, you're golden, anything longer, you're better off at Excelsior/TESU.  You can "pace yourself" with Excelsior/TESU, they have a set schedule for the term.  TESU only requires 18 UL for BA, 15 for BSBA.

Oh snap! You have an AA, not AAS, scrap the UMPI BAS and go for the BLS: I just re-read your previous thread https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-to-TESU and verified it was an AA and not AAS. Oh wells! You may want to also take a look at PUG as Purdue has IT programs, especially since you have IT experience, their BSIT Excel Track options are great, they take many certifications for credit, up to 75% of the program can be transferred in... Last but not least, you want to also take a look at UMASS Global/WGU, both have competency based degree options similar to PUG/UMPI.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
(12-11-2021, 01:09 PM)uncoolbilly Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 07:33 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Since you have a science-with-a-lab (astronomy), you could also consider a business degree from UMPI: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/  You'd need Spanish from InstantCert (or an ACTFL exam if you're fluent in a different foreign language) and a few Sophia.org classes.

Interesting option, though the foreign language requirement is daunting (I have hearing issues so some sounds are difficult to hear correctly). I do like the majority of classes being on a low cost provider.

I would confirm with someone who has actually taken the InstantCert class, but I'm not sure that there is much audio in the course and possibly little/none in the exam itself. You should be able to pass by just being able to read Spanish. I think.

Otherwise, what about enrolling in an inexpensive ASL class? IIRC, ASL counts as a foreign language at UMPI. It just isn't offered online. They'll allow you to transfer it in, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-11-2021, 03:41 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would confirm with someone who has actually taken the InstantCert class, but I'm not sure that there is much audio in the course and possibly little/none in the exam itself. You should be able to pass by just being able to read Spanish. I think.

Otherwise, what about enrolling in an inexpensive ASL class? IIRC, ASL counts as a foreign language at UMPI. It just isn't offered online. They'll allow you to transfer it in, though.

ASL is an option for a foreign language at UMPI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,533 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Updates to BA degree plans on wiki rachel83az 7 1,161 09-06-2022, 01:57 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Payment Plans? terryd5150 9 2,541 08-16-2019, 02:18 PM
Last Post: terryd5150