Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courses that Overlap but don't duplicate
Thought it would be good to list classes that, although their content overlaps, don't duplicate (which obviously is school-dependent, but still). This could be especially helpful when one is a class (e.g. Sophia/Study.com/Straighterline) and the other is a test (CLEP/DSST/TECEP) - you would essentially just have to pass two finals for the same course (with minimal extra studying to cover the non-overlapped topics) and get double credit.

Ones that I know of (specific to TESU & classes that I've taken):
CLEP College Mathematics (comes in as MAT-102 & MAT-103) and CLEP College Algebra (MAT-121) overlapped a TON

CLEP American Government (POS-110) shares a lot of content with the US History CLEPs (HIS-113, HIS-114)

Other ones that I don't have personal experience with, but just eyeballing look like they could fall in this category:
Western Civilization II (I took the CLEP, but there are multiple options - comes in as HIS-102) would probably overlap a lot with the World History from 1600 to Present TECEP (HIS-126). Don't know how it transfers in, but OnlineDegree.com's Turning Points in Modern History could well be added to this group.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Add the Liberal Arts Math TECEP or DSST, super easy once you know some Algebra (not sure how much overlap)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • mysonx3
I was actually planning on taking the Liberal Arts Math TECEP. But I already have MAT-121 from my GED. I was wondering if it would become redundant.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
If you've taken Intro Psych (CLEP or course) the other 2 psychology CLEPs overlap a TON. (Human Growth Development / Educational Psych)

I also found a good bit of overlap between US History 1 & 2 with American Literature
(09-26-2018, 07:49 PM)Supermind Wrote: I was actually planning on taking the Liberal Arts Math TECEP. But I already have MAT-121 from my GED. I was wondering if it would become redundant.

It does NOT duplicate, the TECEP comes in as MAT-105
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Good to know. I might do it then.

Does anyone know what the TESU policies are for Saylor Academy courses that are not listed on the TESU equivalencies webpage? For example, there is a Saylor course COMM001- Principles of human communication, that is credit eligible. It is not listed on TESU’s website. Will this course meet the oral communication requirements?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(09-26-2018, 09:33 PM)Supermind Wrote: Good to know. I might do it then.

Does anyone know what the TESU policies are for Saylor Academy courses that are not listed on the TESU equivalencies webpage? For example, there is a Saylor course COMM001- Principles of human communication, that is credit eligible. It is not listed on TESU’s website. Will this course meet the oral communication requirements?

It comes into TESU, but not as oral comm.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think the study.com Presentation Skills in the Workplace can satisfy the oral communication, its nccrs but its the shortest easiest class ever, like 0 study and an hour of your time for 3 cr.
Dsst ethics in America, business ethics, and CLEP principles of management I thought all kind of overlapped
maybe these 3 Excelsior exams

Foundations Of Gerontology
https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/foundati...erontology

Psychology of Adulthood & Aging
https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/psycholo...-and-aging

Life Span Developmental Psychology
https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/life-spa...psychology

Excelsior approved these 3 CLEPs for me

Social Sciences and History

Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648

Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present

https://clep.collegeboard.org/history-an...l-sciences

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 462,681 1 hour ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,624 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,251 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 518 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 939 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,713 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 529 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 297 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 649 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Which UoPeople courses to transfer and where? ecdw94 10 2,632 11-13-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ecdw94