Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courses to take at UMPI How does this look?
After I'm done with Sophia, SDC, & instantcert this is what I plan to take in one semester at UMPI. 

Does this look doable? Is there a smarter way to do this? My degree is BA in Accounting.

BUS 352 Business Law II
BUS 469 Strategic and Professional Communication
BUS 489 Business Policy and Strategies
BUS 376 Independent Auditing
BUS 378 Federal Tax 2
BUS 242 Spreadsheet Application
BUS 377 Federal Tax 1
BUS 440 Business Analytics
BUS 200 Intro to Business Computing
BUS 466 Government and not for profit Accounting
UNV 101 University Experience
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
UNV101 is not a course for YourPace. There will be an orientation course on YourPace's learning platform instead. There is no credit for it.

Can't say if this will complete your degree without knowing what you've already completed.

Also keep in mind that there are prereq courses and every accounting course isn't offered every term. They're offered every semester so they may only be available once during the semester and not twice.
(11-21-2021, 01:26 PM)ss20ts Wrote: UNV101 is not a course for YourPace. There will be an orientation course on YourPace's learning platform instead. There is no credit for it.

Can't say if this will complete your degree without knowing what you've already completed.

Also keep in mind that there are prereq courses and every accounting course isn't offered every term. They're offered every semester so they may only be available once during the semester and not twice.

I am so confused about what fulfills the GEC requirements. I thought when I created my spreadsheet I did use the Your Pace guidelines.  Can you show me where to find those?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes acethroughcollege's post:
  • Pikachu
I would not take any English classes on Sophia. They're faster, shorter, and easier at UMPI. There's 1 paper at UMPI instead of multiple papers on Sophia. You need an additional course for the 40 credit requirement in the GEC as UNV101 is not a course for YourPace students. Macroeconomics and Microeconomics will fill this and a core course.

You have an issue with a CLEP exam. BUS325 is not going to accept a CLEP for Principles of Management. BUS325 is Financial Management which is not the same course at all. This class can be completed at UMPI.

You need to complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI. Keep that in mind.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
If you are interested in doing accounting degree and become CPA, it would be better to take as many UL classes at college as possible. In many states, boards will not accept accounting credits from alternative providers for CPA licensing.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
OH, so you already do have a degree/school and a spreadsheet created! LOL, I thought you were starting off in the previous thread... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-20-or-24  If that is your spreadsheet, you're doing exactly as I was mentioning in that thread.  I would continue on with those courses and continuously update your spreadsheet just in case "catalog requirements change".  I don't think UMPI will change them that radically, but changes occur frequently...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 22 3 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 69 8 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 37 9 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,205 Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,368 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 434 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is 14 courses in 2 terms possible for psychology major? mattbau43 6 235 04-12-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 289 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 222 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77