Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit Banking/Non-Degree at TESU Transcript Question
Hello everyone,
You all are a great wealth of information - thank you!!!

When you take a credited course through study, SHMOOP, straighterline, and CLEP, how do they show on your official TESU transcript?

For example, let’s say you take Calc 1 through StraighterLine which their course code is MAT-231 and you pass and want to credit bank that on your TESU transcript. TESU’s equivalent for that same course is CALC-250, which both are 3-credits. Will it show he TESU course code and number on your TESU transcript or just “STRAIGHTERLINE 3 credits”?

The reason I ask is because the state requires that the math class is 100 level (or above), has credits attached, and the name of the course (with course code and number).

I hope I wasn’t too confusing. I appreciate the responses.
It shows the TESU course number and name, but it also shows that you didn't get a grade, and you just got credit for the course which came from another source.

Someone viewing your transcript can see the general source: CLEP shows as College Level Examination Program, and others show as ACE.

Okay as long as the course gets transferred to TESU with the noted course number and name I should be good. And does it show how many credits it was awarded on the transcript as well?
yes, it shows course name and credits under a heading that shows it was evaluated through ACE. See the lower left of this transcript:

[Image: 61U9RAt.jpg]
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
In looking at the unofficial transcript (not the same as the eval), it just shows the TESU course number, Course name, grade (grade letter for anything including courses taken elsewhere, or CR for anything that didn't get a grade), number of credits earned, and the term if it was a TESU course or TECEP. It lists total number of credits at the bottom.

It does not show the source of the credits, or how they're slotted into your degree. Just a list.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You're probably clear on this already, but it doesn't show the name of the course you took, it shows the course equivalence at TESU.

It doesn't show the date you took them. I think you said in another thread that you need new credits, so I would be careful. I've heard of places requiring additional transcripts to prove the date or something else. Like, making you send the ACE/Straighterline/CLEP/etc transcript since the TESU one doesn't have date.

Thank YOU all. For the state, as long as the TESU transcript has the math course with credits and course name and code I should be good to go
Hi everyone,
I hope someone can shed light on this. I spoke with a TESU rep today and he said that if I do the CREDIT-BANKING route as a non-degree student that any study.com courses course title and number will be on the official transcript - NOT the tesu equivalency which I need!!

For example, I completed study.com’s MAT 97 course which is the equivalent of MAT-105 for 4 credits at TESU. He said as a non-degree credit Banking student it will only show up as study.com MAT 97 (4 credits) on the official TESU transcript which won’t work for me. The reason being is that the state for teaching will not recognize that as credits since they will only see it being a “97” level course and since it’s below 100-level will not count it.

I hope I’m not confusing. I hope someone can shed light and help on this. Thanks in advance.
(03-22-2018, 12:20 PM)acamp Wrote: Hi everyone,
I hope someone can shed light on this.   I spoke with a TESU rep today and he said that if I do the CREDIT-BANKING route as a non-degree student that any study.com courses course title and number will be on the official transcript - NOT the tesu equivalency which I need!!

For example, I completed study.com’s MAT 97 course which is the equivalent of MAT-105 for 4 credits at TESU.   He said as a non-degree credit Banking student it will only show up as study.com MAT 97 (4 credits) on the official TESU transcript which won’t work for me.  The reason being is that the state for teaching will not recognize that as credits since they will only see it being a “97” level course and since it’s below 100-level will not count it.  

I hope I’m not confusing.  I hope someone can shed light and help on this.  Thanks in advance.

Did you ask what would happen if you enrolled as a degree-seeking student, and transferred all of the courses over?  And then what would happen if you wanted a transcript before you took any TECEP exams?  I would try to find that out.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hello. They said they would make a transcript once I complete a TESU or TECEP exam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,983 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,663 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,208 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,110 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,646 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,350 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,327 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic