Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Withdraw deadline
What is the latest week someone can withdraw from a course without getting a W on your transcript?
"Requests for course withdrawals must be made in writing to the Office of the Registrar and are not accepted over the phone. Withdrawal requests must be received in the Registrar’s Office by the last day of the semester."

If you need to withdraw: log on to the blackboard suite. go to the help tab, click on college support portal. left column click on office of the registrar. option four withdraw from course.
Read over the instructions and there is a link to submit your withdrawal electronically.

It's a seamless process, I've used it before for two courses. Once prior to course start and once two weeks into the course. Once you withdraw the course is removed from your academic evaluation. If you withdraw after semester start it does appear on your semester grade report (W) but NOT on transcripts.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
SO unlike other colleges that have the course with a W when you withdraw from a course,TESC does not put the W on your transcripts?I currently have about 3 W's on my other schools transcripts and was curious because I am thinking of withdrawing from a course once I get my midterm grade back.I am not too confident I did well on it..:puke:
SO unlike other colleges that have the course with a W when you withdraw from a course,TESC does not put the W on your transcripts?

Correct

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I was told by a tesc advisor that after the first week of class you will receive a W on ur transcript
johnq86 Wrote:I was told by a tesc advisor that after the first week of class you will receive a W on ur transcript

I am not an advisor so have no idea what they see in their internal records. I do have two official transcripts and W is not on either one. Nor is the NC or IF grades that I received for two PLA courses that I registered for but never dropped. They both, NC and IF, appear on my evaluation but not on transcripts; and as stated prior, W does not appear on evaluation or transcripts.

Academic Policies
Undergraduate Academic Policies - Thomas Edison State College - acalog ACMSâ„¢
"Thomas Edison State College credits will be identified by the title of the course, credits, grade and term completed. Courses with a grade of F, W (Withdrawn), IF (Incomplete Failure), NC (No Credit) or E (Extension) will not be transcripted."

Good luck in your studies.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,646 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,454 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,198 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,990 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,349 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,771 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,748 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESU grad deadline question CM1999 7 2,367 09-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Last Post: hed1979
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,273 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,887 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby