Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit waiver
I keep reading about the credit waiver (not the residency waiver). 
What is it? And how does it apply to TESU?
I ask since the natural sciences categories lists 4 credits total for my degree and could not find a 4 credit course to fit that niche and academic advisor said I have to take two natural science course of 3 cr each to satisfy the category and 2 cr will spill over to gen ed electives.
The credit waiver would be a game changer as it saves taking one more natural science class. 
Am I missing something? Is it distributed different in a BA? Your input is greatly appreciated.
TESU will not waive the one credit in the Natural Sciences.   SDC has a Bio w/lab (it is a virtual lab) that fits, and SL has a few options with real labs - but its often just easier to take two Natural Sciences and have the GenEd 2 credit spill over.  There is a free 1 credit Sophia course that you can take to fill in gap there.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(03-08-2020, 07:55 AM)allvia Wrote: TESU will not waive the one credit in the Natural Sciences.   SDC has a Bio w/lab (it is a virtual lab) that fits, and SL has a few options with real labs - but its often just easier to take two Natural Sciences and have the GenEd 2 credit spill over.  There is a free 1 credit Sophia course that you can take to fill in gap there.
Thank you, right now I am taking two courses on SL and one will go towards the Natural Sciences (Intro to Nutrition) while the other one will go towards the Civic category.

I already have taken both free Sophia classes. 

Astronomy is a topic I like and IC has the course.
The credit waiver is for something like a course that's 2cr, or more likely, a course taken at a quarter-based school so it's like 2.67cr - but it can only be for a single course, not for an area where a certain number of credits is required. So for instance if you took a 2cr ethics course, you'd get a waiver for that extra credit and make up for it in the GE Electives area. But, if you take a 3cr science course, you can't get a waiver for the "area" of NatSci, instead you just take a 2nd course to make up the credit, and then you need 2cr less in the GE Electives.

BTW - at TESU you can use computer science courses in the NatSci area as well. That's what I would take there, personally.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-08-2020, 04:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The credit waiver is for something like a course that's 2cr, or more likely, a course taken at a quarter-based school so it's like 2.67cr - but it can only be for a single course, not for an area where a certain number of credits is required.  So for instance if you took a 2cr ethics course, you'd get a waiver for that extra credit and make up for it in the GE Electives area.  But, if you take a 3cr science course, you can't get a waiver for the "area" of NatSci, instead you just take a 2nd course to make up the credit, and then you need 2cr less in the GE Electives.

BTW - at TESU you can use computer science courses in the NatSci area as well.  That's what I would take there, personally.
Thanks. I will look into computer science as well. Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense now. I thought I could have them move my 4 credits in computer science I have in general electives but for some reason the academic advisor said it doesn't satisfy the category. Huh

CIS-103 4 credits at community college.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,222 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,729 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 763 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,436 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver jch 23 1,618 11-29-2023, 10:30 PM
  Credit distribution Kones 6 510 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Residency Waiver cost BigJohn1975 2 662 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU residency waiver dbrown2258 22 1,867 09-17-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,880 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
  TESU ENS-360 Credit from Lawshelf Niketay 1 446 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM