Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credits for a D
Will COSC accept gen ed transfers from a brick and mortar that are a D? Asking for a friend
someone else will chime in but I've never seen a school that will accept anything under a C.
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)
Ph.D in Criminal Justice (Intelligence) - UNG
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • erials76
I think TESU accepts classes that are D from a B&M school but not in the AOS. Mostly for electives? I don't think COSC accepts anything below a C, though.

But it doesn't hurt to apply everywhere to see what they bring in as what. IIRC, bjcheung77 has a code/link to make the COSC application free. Excelsior has free applications until April 30th. TESU is $50 to apply.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • erials76
TESU will accept a D or higher, COSC will accept a D- or higher (so no F's).  Both have the exception of English Comp I & II have to be C or higher, and TESU's AOS has to be C or higher, as does COSC's Major/Concentration.

TESU: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...on-grading

Policy on D Grades
Students may transfer in or apply Thomas Edison State University course grades of D to their non area of study requirements as long as their overall grade point average is at least a 2.0, or higher as determined by the School in which they are enrolled, with the following exceptions:

• All area of study courses must be graded C or better in order to apply to area of study requirements

• All required composition courses must be graded C or better

• No course in which a student earned a D- grade will be accepted in transfer

COSC: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

Credit for Courses
Grades of C (2.0) or higher must be earned in English Composition courses and all core requirements in a Major or General Studies Concentration in order to be transferable. Passing grades (D- or higher) may be used for other degree requirements. Grades of D- must be balanced by higher grades in order to achieve the C average (2.0) necessary for graduation.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Former TESU student chiming in here.

Yes they accept D's but not for English Comp and your in the actual area of study as those have to be C or above. But in my case, it was a course for business core requirements for my BSBA. So D's can count towards the Business Core but not the Business Area of study portion. Also TESU has the requirement of 2.0 cumulative GPA in order to graduate and I believe that includes all RA credit transferred. So by transferring in too many D's you'd be forcing yourself to get good grades for the rest of your RA credits.

The B&M school I attended accepted my D grade and it even counted towards my minor. Their policy is to transfer grades of D also can count anywhere except as English Comp and my Major same as TESU. So made it count it towards my minor, however, the cumulative GPA of all the courses of my minor (including transfer) must equal a 2.0 which is a C average. So by adding the one D grade to my minor that forced to get good grades for the rest of the minor in order to graduate with my minor.

Another local school near me accepts D grades but only as free electives to reach 120 credits and nothing else. Each school has their own policy so check each school.

In general, though, almost no school will accept a grade below C or English Comp I or II. So if you earned a D in English comp you are out or luck and will probably have to take it again.
WOW! I am actually VERY surprised. I never heard of that. I did terrible in Math and Biology classes back in 1992. When I transferred to a college closer to home, those D’s did not transfer and I had to take the classes (or an equivalent) all over again. Cost me an extra year between the credits that didn’t transfer and the couple of D’s I got
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Vle045, each and every school have different requirements and rules... I mean, your previous school may only have allowed at the lowest grade, a C or C-. There are only a few that will allow D grades, and a majority of those schools only allow it to be in the free electives and/or general education courses. I have yet seen anyone allow a D grade in the Area of Study as those determine your concentration or major/minor.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
A is 90 to 100% grade
B is 80 to 99% grade
C is 70 to 79% grade

This is correct??
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
(06-20-2021, 02:26 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: A is 90 to 100% grade
B is 80 to 99% grade
C is 70 to 79% grade

This is correct??

Typically yes, but some schools do change this. Some schools also have +'s and -'s.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • cecilgambe7
@cecilgambe7 - Basically, no. For Charter Oak State College, view here: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...policy.php
All schools have their own grading criteria and that grading criteria changes from undergrad to graduate credentials. You need to look at each institution...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cecilgambe7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,640 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  alternate credits help please Draconikx 3 1,092 11-15-2021, 10:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TEL learning for RA credits BrendaB 34 5,288 08-28-2021, 03:32 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Age of Credits ss20ts 3 1,242 02-15-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Is there a limit to how many credits you can transfer from one place? daharamu 2 1,065 12-07-2020, 03:08 AM
Last Post: daharamu
  Will COSC accepts my foreign credits as Non-Ace credits? cecilgambe7 74 7,507 10-22-2020, 08:29 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  Update on StraighterLine/ACE credits at COSC sambam0812 0 1,163 09-28-2020, 07:52 AM
Last Post: sambam0812
  BSBA - English Comp II and study.com credits? ashkir 5 1,392 09-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Charter Oak ends FEMA IS credits 6\1\2020 Glen1 18 3,933 07-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post: shaas
  COSC Evaluation with foreign and ACE credits akr680 4 1,619 06-13-2020, 12:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts