Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creighton University PharmD prerequisites
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with filling the PharmD prerequisites(https://spahp.creighton.edu/future-stude...requisites)

using ACE credits from Study, SL, etc. They say they transfer ACE transcripts, but not 100% sure if they will allow all of the credits from them or not. (https://adultdegrees.creighton.edu/futur...arn-credit)

Thank you so much for your time!
All? Absolutely not.

"For chemistry and biology courses, survey courses, courses without associated laboratories, courses designed for non-science majors, online science courses utilizing a laboratory kit or abbreviated courses targeted toward health science majors are not acceptable as prerequisite science courses."

Without real chemistry laboratory experiences, you won't be qualified and competent.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
(11-03-2018, 05:24 AM)Acaidian Wrote: Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with filling the PharmD prerequisites(https://spahp.creighton.edu/future-stude...requisites)

using ACE credits from Study, SL, etc. They say they transfer ACE transcripts, but not 100% sure if they will allow all of the credits from them or not. (https://adultdegrees.creighton.edu/futur...arn-credit)

Thank you so much for your time!

You have to be smarter about how you use alternative credit when you're applying to a competitive program like pharm.

The program you're looking at says "Prerequisite courses must be completed at any regionally accredited institution located within the United States and must be completed with a grade of C or better (a C- grade is not acceptable). Coursework from institutions that evaluate students with a narrative rather than numeric or alpha grade is not accepted. "

Since EVERYTHING on your ACE transcript is pass/fail, you won't be able to use anything ACE for those courses. That's not to say you can't use ACE anywhere- but if you look at their prereq list, they are very clear - so NO ACE.

By extension, NO CLEP and NO DSST for the courses on that list.

Beyond that, you're fine. As an example, they want Calculus for the prereq, you could use CLEP to earn College Algebra and or PreCal credit at your 4-year college so you can then take Calculus (assuming your 4-year college accepts CLEP).

You can also build in courses from your community college or other community colleges, but again, this kind of list has a lot of moving parts.

It is my opinion that the less you understand the process, the more traditional you should be. You CAN NOT argue a point with them over transfer of credit because "cookderosa on degree forum said so" you have to understand exactly how it works so you can make sure you're being precise. This is no game, and the road you're going down with graded sciences will be VERY EXPENSIVE. My advice is to stop now and pursue a 100% traditional path through your local school.

(PS THough not pharmacy, I used online science lab courses to earn admission into nursing programs, it just requires *careful* understanding of how it works and what they want.)
My daughter has her PharmD. She graduated spring of 2017 from Mass school of Pharm. I agree with Jennifer. You will have to seek more direct course work through your local college. It is a very competitive field to get into. Grades mean a lot.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
The grades are audited and can be used as a factor in determining admission between you and 50 other students who are equally as qualified as you are. They may even go so far as to seek references from your lab prof to see how you did in the lab environment.

In short, no.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,454 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 326 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,736 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,769 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 748 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,314 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,767 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 403 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,599 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff