Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critique my Straighter line plan
Lets say I wanted to take 16 courses from straighter line to apply towards a BSBA in General Management, Am I able to purchase the year long course bundle, complete the 10 courses I selected and then add on the additional 6 courses I need left for $49 and apply them towards the year long membership?
Fortune212 Wrote:Lets say I wanted to take 16 courses from straighter line to apply towards a BSBA in General Management, Am I able to purchase the year long course bundle, complete the 10 courses I selected and then add on the additional 6 courses I need left for $49 and apply them towards the year long membership?

I'm almost positive you could do that, but I still think paying monthly would leave you better off. Particularly if you alternate a month on with some time off. You could read the texts during the off time and then use a coupon when you re-subscribe. Reading the material while you're not paying membership fees will save you a ton of money.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I just spoke with straighter line and indeed they said that you can apply the additional courses towards the year long membership. I'm going to try to make a plan to make this all work out. I did not know that you can keep on studying during an off period and then come back to finish the course, that is a smart tactic.
Fortune212 Wrote:I just spoke with straighter line and indeed they said that you can apply the additional courses towards the year long membership. I'm going to try to make a plan to make this all work out. I did not know that you can keep on studying during an off period and then come back to finish the course, that is a smart tactic.

This is how my son did 7 courses in one month, and he's doing it again this month. I bought all the books used on Amazon ahead of time, and he spent a month just reading as much as he could. The day he started his membership all he had to do was take the tests (and go through the online lessons if he felt he needed them). For English Comp 1 and 2 and Communications, if you take that one, you can go ahead and purchase the courses to unlock the assignments - print them or save them and work on those as well during your "off time" - that way when you re-subscribe you can turn in all your assignments on day one, take the quizzes, and be done with those classes in very short order.

Paying $25 to upgrade your ProctorU membership will also benefit you - you can then schedule proctored exams much more easily - my son has scheduled them for 10 minutes later at times. It's well worth the money for a year's worth of flexibility in exam scheduling.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
So I am able to purchase just the course and not the monthly plan? or do I purchase the courses for a month and save all relevant assignments then cancel the plan, then proceed to study the material and resubscribe when I am ready?
Fortune212 Wrote:So I am able to purchase just the course and not the monthly plan? or do I purchase the courses for a month and save all relevant assignments then cancel the plan, then proceed to study the material and resubscribe when I am ready?

Purchase the courses during your first month subscription and print or save the writing assignments for English Composition - that way you can spend time writing them after your subscription is over - your course will be waiting for you when you resubscribe. For most courses, all you need to do is read the assigned text, and you're good to go in terms of taking the tests and final. With Eng Composition 1 and 2 and Communications, you can save those written and video assignments to work on at your own pace while not paying the monthly fee.

Thank you for the telling me your method i'm sure its going to save me and a lot of members on this forum some money!!! I'm going to map out a detailed plan, so that I can get started thank you.
Thanks for letting me and the forum know your method. I'm positive its going to save me a lot of money!, and help out a lot of people. I'm going to create a detailed plan to get started thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Action Plan Indy73 2 673 12-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Indy73
  Coursera Plan of Attack spohara 0 576 09-02-2022, 11:16 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Will a basic plan work for me while I submit my SDC assignments? acethroughcollege 2 715 05-25-2022, 11:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Which Study.com plan did you pick? collegechick 13 2,138 09-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Last Post: ARhead
  Shmoop ACE Plan Changes? Tedium 80 8,142 09-09-2020, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  SDC Exam days after College Accelarator Plan Expires Edriveless 2 1,237 07-12-2020, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  BACS Plan gams007 9 1,661 04-19-2020, 08:50 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Study.com's "Family Plan" Discount CarpeDiem8 0 932 04-09-2020, 09:07 AM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Question on degree plan using mostly Sophia mdel210201 6 1,765 03-30-2020, 12:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I need a study Plan for BSIT & asnsmCS gams007 4 1,287 01-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Last Post: ConqueringCollege