Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my classes so far, what to do for Bachelor's?
I am currently at Eastern Gateway Community College, as my union pays for it. Here is a list of the classes I have taken for my associate degree along with the 2 I haven't completed that will get me to graduate this summer. What advice do you have for more courses and what school would be best? If I need more lower level courses I could take them through EGCC for free, but what about upper level. I am studying criminal justice, but wouldn't mind switching to something else if it's easier in terms of transferring.

CSS106 Succeeding in College 1 CJT213 Police Function ▲ 3 COR202 Correctional Institutions in America ▲ 3 CJT210 Introduction to Criminal Law ▲ 3 CJT101 Introduction to Criminal Justice ▲ 3 CJT202 Criminal Investigation ▲ 3 COR203 Criminology ▲ 3 COR205 Juvenile Delinquency ▲ 3 CJT102 Procedural Law ▲ 3 ENG104 Technical and Professional Writing 3 PSY101 General Psychology 3 SOC205 Social Problems 3 ENG101 English Composition I 3 SOC101 Introduction to Sociology 3 CJT222 Homeland Security ▲ 3  COM105 Interpersonal Communications 3 MTH128 Statistics 3 PSC101 American Government 3 COR204 Community Based Corrections ▲ 3 CJT215 Victimology PHI202 Ethics 
I also have Aleks, Business Statistics 3 credits, College Algebra 4 credits at EGCC, Trigonometry 3 credits, Beginning Algebra, and Intermediate Algebra all on my ACE transcript and I have passed the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 

68 credits total without Beginning, intermediate algebra and analyzing lit CLEP.

Thanks everyone for your help!
So, your union pays for it! Would they pay for your courses taken elsewhere as well? Do you have a set amount each year? You should take a max of 90 credits from the CC to transfer over to one of the Big 3 and/or the competency-based degree providers. The easiest option would be a BA/BS Liberal Arts/Studies at the Big 3. Depending on how much time you have per day because of commitments, you may consider doing a competency-based degree in CJ at Walden by transferring in 90 credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-13-2020, 08:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, your union pays for it!  Would they pay for your courses taken elsewhere as well?  Do you have a set amount each year?  You should take a max of 90 credits from the CC to transfer over to one of the Big 3 and/or the competency-based degree providers.  The easiest option would be a BA/BS Liberal Arts/Studies at the Big 3.  Depending on how much time you have per day because of commitments, you may consider doing a competency-based degree in CJ at Walden by transferring in 90 credits.
It only pays for classes at Eastern Gateway community College. Some sort of agreement with the union. But I can take a different degree course after my current one and wipe out lower level courses. The semesters are 16 weeks, but two halves in the semester 8 weeks each and you can take 3 courses each 8 weeks. I'm currently in 3 classes and working full time.
Basically you need to decide on a degree and where, either the Big 3 or a Competency-Based degree provider such as Walden, your best bet right now is to take the courses from Sophia.org during your downtime of studies when you're done or during the summer semester or time when you can't take classes.  

Take all the courses or at least sign up for all the courses that do not duplicate the ones you have taken at Eastern Gateway, you get 3 months to "officially start" the course and if it's still too early, you can keep extending that start date to another 3 months later... 

This should get you past the 90 credit mark for transfer into the Big 3 or the Competency degrees.  Get all your general education/free electives done with Sophia.org - And yes, I read your other thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ice-advice
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 390 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 377 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 357 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 575 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BABA - M&L Remaining Classes jrock87 4 298 02-17-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Remaining Classes Advice - UMPI BABA M&L diablo 2 357 01-26-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
Question Degree Planning: Seeking a Bachelor's Degree from UMPI JayJohnson813 12 910 12-01-2023, 01:02 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 597 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Fastest online bachelor’s degree SmugKitten 6 1,428 10-02-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  63 credits. Please help me finish my bachelor's Confusedali 10 635 09-28-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Confusedali