Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Csmlearn @TESU
I transfered the CSMlearn certificate to TESU to satisfy the quantitative literacy requirement. it transfered in but when I ran my evaluation it was coming in under the math section of the eval and kicked stats out from there which actually put me 3 credits lower than I would be if it came in under Quant literacy. I messaged academic advising to see what's up. Do you guys think there will be any problem having my stats class satisfy the math requirment and CSMlearn satisfy the quantitative literacy requirment? It seems like it shouldn't be but you never know I guess. I'm enrolled in a BSBA with a concentration in Finance. Thanks!
Things bounce around all the time and I’ve never had an issue having something moved. You should be good.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Ouch, you didn't take College Algebra? You're stuck if you're in the BSBA, for BALS, you can use that CSM Course for the BSBA, it is only used for the Stat requirement, therefore bumping out your original stats course... Take a week or two with ALEKS and College Algebra, it's the cheapest/easiest/fastest option, or Saylor/CLEP/MS - whichever provider floats your boat...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-13-2020, 05:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ouch, you didn't take College Algebra?  You're stuck if you're in the BSBA, for BALS, you can use that CSM Course for the BSBA, it is only used for the Stat requirement, therefore bumping out your original stats course...  Take a week or two with ALEKS and College Algebra, it's the cheapest/easiest/fastest option, or Saylor/CLEP/MS - whichever provider floats your boat...
Really? The advisor emailed me back and said he switched it and said I was good to go.

On my eval it says "exception allow bus 210" by the quantitative literacy space. So idk what that means...
[-] The following 1 user Likes zebra cow's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
So what happened with all the finance classes?

Can you upload your current evaluation for finance?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-13-2020, 05:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ouch, you didn't take College Algebra?  You're stuck if you're in the BSBA, for BALS, you can use that CSM Course for the BSBA, it is only used for the Stat requirement, therefore bumping out your original stats course...  Take a week or two with ALEKS and College Algebra, it's the cheapest/easiest/fastest option, or Saylor/CLEP/MS - whichever provider floats your boat...

I used SDC's Quantitative Literacy. Much easier/faster than having to re-learn algebra.
(01-13-2020, 08:49 PM)LevelUP Wrote: So what happened with all the finance classes?

Can you upload your current evaluation for finance?

I will upload later. Long story short all my UL AOS classes were approved. I didn't have to fill out a demonstration of currency because only 6 of my 18 AOS credits were 7 years old or older. They told me if 9 or more credits were 7 years or older I would have to fill out the form.

(01-13-2020, 09:17 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote:

I used SDC's Quantitative Literacy. Much easier/faster than having to re-learn algebra.
Did you apply it to a BSBA degree? What SDC course number is that?
(01-13-2020, 05:41 PM)zebra cow Wrote: I transfered the CSMlearn certificate to TESU to satisfy the quantitative literacy requirement. it transfered in but when I ran my evaluation it was coming in under the math section of the eval and kicked stats out from there which actually put me 3 credits lower than I would be if it came in under Quant literacy. I messaged academic advising to see what's up. Do you guys think there will be any problem having my stats class satisfy the math requirment and CSMlearn satisfy the quantitative literacy requirment? It seems like it shouldn't be but you never know I guess. I'm enrolled in a BSBA with a concentration in Finance. Thanks!

I think you'll be ok, just ask them to move it to Quant Lit.  Report back and let us know what they say.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-14-2020, 11:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 05:41 PM)zebra cow Wrote: I transfered the CSMlearn certificate to TESU to satisfy the quantitative literacy requirement. it transfered in but when I ran my evaluation it was coming in under the math section of the eval and kicked stats out from there which actually put me 3 credits lower than I would be if it came in under Quant literacy. I messaged academic advising to see what's up. Do you guys think there will be any problem having my stats class satisfy the math requirment and CSMlearn satisfy the quantitative literacy requirment? It seems like it shouldn't be but you never know I guess. I'm enrolled in a BSBA with a concentration in Finance. Thanks!

I think you'll be ok, just ask them to move it to Quant Lit.  Report back and let us know what they say.
I just got the email saying the will not use it towards quant lit. If I take study.com mat 107 will this work for me? It says it transfers to TESU as MAT-119.
(01-14-2020, 11:11 AM)zebra cow Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 11:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

I just got the email saying the will not use it towards quant lit. If I take study.com mat 107 will this work for me? It says it transfers to TESU as MAT-119.

Ok, that's new.  Fairly recently, you could use it for either College Algebra/Quant Lit or Stats requirement.

Yes, Mat 107 should work.  Although with that course under your belt, you might want to give an exam a shot - Saylor's College Algebra would work if you want fast/cheap.  So will ALEKS.  Davar.

If you opt for Study.com, you should add MAT 102: College Mathematics and MAT 101: College Algebra and do the placement tests for them.  That should get you a good chunk of the way through MAT 105 before you even start.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch