Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DANTES Grading
I just got off the phone with Thomson and was told that the tests are only graded 2 times a week: Tuesday and Thursday. I thought some of you folks might be interested in knowing.
Bama Wrote:I just got off the phone with Thomson and was told that the tests are only graded 2 times a week: Tuesday and Thursday. I thought some of you folks might be interested in knowing.

[SIZE="3"]Almost sounds like they don't get slammed with exams.[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Bama Wrote:I just got off the phone with Thomson and was told that the tests are only graded 2 times a week: Tuesday and Thursday. I thought some of you folks might be interested in knowing.
if they would just move into this millenium, and think about computerizing these test then they wouldn't have to grade them on tuesdays and thursdays because after each and every test, the computer program would do it for them. we can send a man to the moon almost 40 years ago, but we can't get computer generated dantes tests. go figure. :p
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
Bama,

If it is any consolation, I spoke with the staff at Thompson and they assured me that they (or the company) are actively working on transitioning DSST exams from paper based to computer based like the CLEPS and IT certifications. The person I spoke with could not give me an ETA but she said it will change over, she just could not say when. We will all probably be done with our first degree at least before they make the transition. This situation is really strange!
charlie130
Gradual Student

Enrolled: Excelsior BS MIS - Credits to date: 121
[Traditional Classes: 75, CLEP: 15, DSST 06, CERTS (IT): 25]
Cumulative GPA 3.8 - Concentration GPA 4.0
View my Exam Results at, "Post Your Test Results" Thread
Page 48/#303

Remaining tests:
DSSTs
09.06 Org Behav
10.06 Ethics
11.06 Finance

MBA is next educational goal.Smile
charlie130 Wrote:Bama,

If it is any consolation, I spoke with the staff at Thompson and they assured me that they (or the company) are actively working on transitioning DSST exams from paper based to computer based like the CLEPS and IT certifications. The person I spoke with could not give me an ETA but she said it will change over, she just could not say when. We will all probably be done with our first degree at least before they make the transition. This situation is really strange!

Ditto. I have 4 Cleps and 1 Dantes (Statistics) left to complete my AS in Business @ Excelsior before I start on my BS. I had planned to take the Statistics last but on second thought I really do not want to have to play that waiting game to find out if I have my degree or not.

My Dantes results average close to a month to reach me. Excelsior gets the results before I do. Go figure!!!!!!!!
Don G. -Atlanta, GA
A.S. Liberal Arts , Excelsior College,3/2007
B.S. Business, Excelsior College,"On the Way"

"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will"
--Dr. Robert Anthony
[SIZE="3"]I would presume that the computer format, like CLEP would be a TIMED test which can of course have it's drawbacks too.[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I would presume that the computer format, like CLEP would be a TIMED test which can of course have it's drawbacks too.[/SIZE]

Not necessarily. CLEP's, even on paper, are timed. Let's hope they stick to their current rules and just computerize it without adding timing. I hope they don't use CLEP software as a model, that thing is hideous.

Also, it's most likey a non-issue, but keep in mind that even the CBT is still graded back at the farm (so to speak). It's not likely that the scores would vary from the prelim report given when you're done, and if they did, it would signal a big issue to Pearson (Thompson), but it could happen... think SAT.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Should a 10-Point Grading Scale Be The Standard? Ares 6 394 02-07-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 831 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,659 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DANTES removed civilian pass rates from website? greencouch 4 2,265 08-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Last Post: greencouch
  buy 2, get 1 FREE .... DANTES MD_AJIBULU 0 778 05-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: MD_AJIBULU
  CSU Global grading time? gremlinbrawler 0 893 04-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: gremlinbrawler
  Penn Foster Class Grading GreggT67 5 1,307 12-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: alzee
  DSST/DANTES Principles of Public Speaking - Study Information!!! BenWalton 1 869 10-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Flelm
  Study.com Project Grading Aurelius 2 664 09-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Anyone Know About Paper-Based DSST (Dantes) exams? OakLakeNC 1 789 09-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr