Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit
Star 
This is my first post, but I made something to help myself and thought I'd share it.
I went between the DAU website and the ACE guide here to compile a list of DAU courses that are currently available for credit, and also available to take via the DAU website.
I've attached a PDF version of the document I made and a sharing link for google docs here. I hope you enjoy!  Big Grin

Attached Files
.pdf   DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit.pdf (Size: 60.46 KB / Downloads: 235)
[-] The following 7 users Like kvolivera's post:
  • dapolochamp, degreeseeker9, eriehiker, koldplay24, MNomadic, nimbus, sanantone
Are DAU courses available to veterans?
BA Liberal Studies, 2018 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
ASNSM, Computer Science, 2018 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AS General Studies, 2016, Northwestern State University, LA
[-] The following 1 user Likes omuneek's post:
  • MNomadic
(01-29-2019, 01:59 PM)omuneek Wrote: Are DAU courses available to veterans?

I was looking at the site and it LOOKS like it's only for military, DOD and certain industry personnel. I'm currently inquiring further.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Thank you.
BA Liberal Studies, 2018 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
ASNSM, Computer Science, 2018 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AS General Studies, 2016, Northwestern State University, LA
(01-29-2019, 03:57 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 01:59 PM)omuneek Wrote: Are DAU courses available to veterans?

I was looking at the site and it LOOKS like it's only for military, DOD and certain industry personnel. I'm currently inquiring further.

As far as I understand, you're correct.
(01-28-2019, 11:39 AM)kvolivera Wrote: This is my first post, but I made something to help myself and thought I'd share it.
I went between the DAU website and the ACE guide here to compile a list of DAU courses that are currently available for credit, and also available to take via the DAU website.
I've attached a PDF version of the document I made and a sharing link for google docs here. I hope you enjoy!  Big Grin

Okay, so when I was looking at my original document I wasn't completely satisfied. 
Here are the changes I've made:
  • I removed the courses that required an in seat class as well to qualify for the college credit
  • I added the course name to the document
  • Removed the 8 Weeks from the course length and left it at how many hours it takes to complete the course.
  • Changed the availability to the "available until" column. If you take a course past this date and DAU doesn't renew the course with ACE you won't receive credit.
  • Since we're all like getting the most return for the least work, I also created an efficiency column that divides the hours it takes to complete the course by the number of credits it's worth. (For situations where multiple courses are required for college credit, the number in the hours column is the total number of hours to complete all of the courses.)
I hope this made this information more usable. Please let me know if you have any questions!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Attached Files
.pdf   DAU Courses.pdf (Size: 23.12 KB / Downloads: 193)
[-] The following 4 users Like kvolivera's post:
  • koldplay24, Life_One, MNomadic, ROYISAGIRL
(01-31-2019, 12:10 PM)kvolivera Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 11:39 AM)kvolivera Wrote: This is my first post, but I made something to help myself and thought I'd share it.

Okay, so when I was looking at my original document I wasn't completely satisfied. 
  • I removed the courses that required an in seat class as well to qualify for the college credit
  • Removed the 8 Weeks from the course length and left it at how many hours it takes to complete the course.
  • Changed the availability to the "available until" column. If you take a course past this date and DAU doesn't renew the course with ACE you won't receive credit.
  • Since we're all like getting the most return for the least work, I also created an efficiency column that divides the hours it takes to complete the course by the number of credits it's worth. (For situations where multiple courses are required for college credit, the number in the hours column is the total number of hours to complete all of the courses.)
I hope this made this information more usable. Please let me know if you have any questions!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
This made me want to actually take a few
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • kvolivera
(01-31-2019, 12:49 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 12:10 PM)kvolivera Wrote:

This made me want to actually take a few

I'm glad I could help!
Anyone know how some of these might transfer to the Big 3? I'm particularly interested in TESU.
I went ahead and took CMQ 100 (pre-req), 230, and 232. I think these should cover most UD Quality Management courses (APS-402 at TESU). Thoughts/Opinions?
(02-01-2019, 10:13 PM)koldplay24 Wrote: Anyone know how some of these might transfer to the Big 3? I'm particularly interested in TESU.
I went ahead and took CMQ 100 (pre-req), 230, and 232. I think these should cover most UD Quality Management courses (APS-402 at TESU). Thoughts/Opinions?

https://www.excelsior.edu/partner/defens...niversity/

Excelsior has an articulation agreement. I guess for tesu it would be a guessing game.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • koldplay24

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Converting Dive training to Colleges credit vetvso 9 1,683 09-16-2022, 04:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
Information US Naval Community College Pilot MNomadic 2 1,600 04-26-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,862 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,579 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Navy BootCamp Credit natshar 9 2,309 03-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,875 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Courses for DOD 22gunsonfire 25 13,572 03-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,775 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  T-Mobile and Fourblock launch online mooc program for veterans MNomadic 0 1,960 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Anyone do the Naval War College MA in Security Studies? johnw 0 2,291 01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: johnw