Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit
Each course varies in the number of modules and questions so the time to complete is different.  Some courses only have 4 or 5 modules and some have 25 modules and the number of questions vary per module. The hardest part for me was the acromyns they use since I do not currently work for DOD or a DOD contractor but after taking a couple of courses. I was able to open up the module in one screen and the test in another.i 
You have 3 tries to get an 80 %. If you do not pass with an 80 % then you must restart the course.
Example:
The course has 10 modules. You are currently taken module 8 exam. You take the exam 3 times and do not receive a score of 80%. You must begin again at module 1.
(07-07-2020, 06:28 AM)sava60 Wrote: Each course varies in the number of modules and questions so the time to complete is different.  Some courses only have 4 or 5 modules and some have 25 modules and the number of questions vary per module. The hardest part for me was the acromyns they use since I do not currently work for DOD or a DOD contractor but after taking a couple of courses. I was able to open up the module in one screen and the test in another.i 
You have 3 tries to get an 80 %. If you do not pass with an 80 % then you must restart the course.
Example:
The course has 10 modules. You are currently taken module 8 exam. You take the exam 3 times and do not receive a score of 80%. You must begin again at module 1.

Thank you for the info sava60!

(06-22-2019, 01:19 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I applied for a userid and just mentioned that I was an Army veteran and got access.  I'm halfway through ACQ101, since that one seems to be a prereq for a lot of the others.  Looks like there are several worth upper level credit that have a prereq that is a classroom-only class.  Does anyone know how strict they are with prereqs?  Also, does anyone know how these transfer in to TESU or COSC?  I went through all of the courses and compared them to the records on ACE, and it appears that if you can do all of the online ones, you can earn 58 SH of credit, 19 of which are upper-level, but that assumes they aren't strictly adhering to the prereqs to get all of the online ones finished.

How about you jamshid? Were you able to complete a lot of these courses?

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea
(06-03-2020, 09:19 AM)sava60 Wrote: I have completed and submitted the following Upper Level Courses to Excelsior and this is what they came back evaluated as:
ACQ 160 - Program Protection Planning Awareness (DAU 298) - 2 UL Project Management
CMC 100 - Contract Administration Fundaments (DAU 0288) - 1 UL Contract Management
CON 100 - Shaping Smart Business Arrangements (DAU 0145)  2 UL Public Management
CON 200 - Business Decisions for Contracting (DAU 0252) - 2 UL Material Management
PMT 355 - Program Management Office Course, Part A (DAU 275) - 3 UL Operations Management
RQM 110 - Core Concepts for Requirements Management (DAU 0256) - 1 UL Acquisition Management

The following I submitted but they did not put on my evaluation, it may be that I already have statistics:
CMQ 230 and CMQ 232 - Contrl Graphics and Charting/Creation and Eval of Quality Control - 3 UL Quality Managment or Statistics

If I need to submit this under the Excelsior thread please let me know or it can be moved
Thank you for this. I need to knock out some UL Arts and Sciences and UL Applied Professional credits.
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
(07-11-2020, 05:32 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 06:28 AM)sava60 Wrote: Each course varies in the number of modules and questions so the time to complete is different.  Some courses only have 4 or 5 modules and some have 25 modules and the number of questions vary per module. The hardest part for me was the acromyns they use since I do not currently work for DOD or a DOD contractor but after taking a couple of courses. I was able to open up the module in one screen and the test in another.i 
Example:

Thank you for the info sava60!

(06-22-2019, 01:19 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I applied for a userid and just mentioned that I was an Army veteran and got access.  I'm halfway through ACQ101, since that one seems to be a prereq for a lot of the others.  Looks like there are several worth upper level credit that have a prereq that is a classroom-only class.  Does anyone know how strict they are with prereqs?  Also, does anyone know how these transfer in to TESU or COSC?  I went through all of the courses and compared them to the records on ACE, and it appears that if you can do all of the online ones, you can earn 58 SH of credit, 19 of which are upper-level, but that assumes they aren't strictly adhering to the prereqs to get all of the online ones finished.

How about you jamshid? Were you able to complete a lot of these courses?

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea

I've finished several of them, and there are a few more that I want to do before I send a new transcript over to TESU to see how everything transfers.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(06-03-2020, 09:19 AM)sava60 Wrote: I have completed and submitted the following Upper Level Courses to Excelsior and this is what they came back evaluated as:
ACQ 160 - Program Protection Planning Awareness (DAU 298) - 2 UL Project Management
CMC 100 - Contract Administration Fundaments (DAU 0288) - 1 UL Contract Management
CON 100 - Shaping Smart Business Arrangements (DAU 0145)  2 UL Public Management
CON 200 - Business Decisions for Contracting (DAU 0252) - 2 UL Material Management
PMT 355 - Program Management Office Course, Part A (DAU 275) - 3 UL Operations Management
RQM 110 - Core Concepts for Requirements Management (DAU 0256) - 1 UL Acquisition Management

The following I submitted but they did not put on my evaluation, it may be that I already have statistics:
CMQ 230 and CMQ 232 - Contrl Graphics and Charting/Creation and Eval of Quality Control - 3 UL Quality Managment or Statistics

If I need to submit this under the Excelsior thread please let me know or it can be moved
I’m curious. What degree did these UL credits go under? If Liberal Arts, did it go under Arts and Sciences and/or Applied Professional?
My DAU credits were applied to the professional component of the Bachelor of Professional Studies - Business and Management.
My daughter is applying for the Bachelor of Science in Business. The credits will come in as Business electives and the concentration
(08-10-2020, 01:35 AM)sava60 Wrote: My DAU credits were applied to the professional component of the Bachelor of Professional Studies - Business and Management.
My daughter is applying for the Bachelor of Science in Business. The credits will come in as Business electives and the concentration
Thank you.
Hello all!

The original course list from last year that was posted in the beginning of the thread is now outdated. Some of the courses have expired in ACE. Some of the courses are no longer given by DAU. And a few new courses have been added. As of right now, 25 courses are available for 45 credits. The 45 credits equate to 31 lower level and 14 upper level. I can post the list of courses if anyone is interested. And I should know how the 25 courses transfer to TESU within a week or two.

OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 3 users Like OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • al329, jamshid666, warriortaupou
(08-20-2020, 07:09 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote: Hello all!

The original course list from last year that was posted in the beginning of the thread is now outdated. Some of the courses have expired in ACE. Some of the courses are no longer given by DAU. And a few new courses have been added. As of right now, 25 courses are available for 45 credits. The 45 credits equate to 31 lower level and 14 upper level. I can post the list of courses if anyone is interested. And I should know how the 25 courses transfer to TESU within a week or two.

OldManOfTheSea

I'd love to see the list after you get the results on how TESU accepts it.  I've taken a couple of the courses and I plan on working through all of them after I finish my MS in Cybersecurity.  I'm already enrolled at TESU in the BSBA-GM program and I'm curious how well the DAU courses will fit into that program.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • warriortaupou
(08-20-2020, 07:09 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote: Hello all!

OldManOfTheSea

Please do post the list!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Converting Dive training to Colleges credit vetvso 9 1,700 09-16-2022, 04:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
Information US Naval Community College Pilot MNomadic 2 1,604 04-26-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,863 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,583 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Navy BootCamp Credit natshar 9 2,309 03-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,878 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Courses for DOD 22gunsonfire 25 13,577 03-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,780 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  T-Mobile and Fourblock launch online mooc program for veterans MNomadic 0 1,960 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Anyone do the Naval War College MA in Security Studies? johnw 0 2,293 01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: johnw