Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAVAR Business Law - LAW-201 at TESU
Just got an email from DAVAR that they now have this course available for $70. Seems like a good option since the Study.com course is like 170 quizzes. :ack:
Has anyone taken this? I just started studying for it, the ppt they provide does not seem like enough to pass a test with but I also don't really want to shell out the cash for the textbook and can't find a pdf or a library that has it.

Would love some exam specific feedback!
(07-16-2020, 04:36 PM)inkleind Wrote: Has anyone taken this? I just started studying for it, the ppt they provide does not seem like enough to pass a test with but I also don't really want to shell out the cash for the textbook and can't find a pdf or a library that has it.

Would love some exam specific feedback!

Soon Business Law will be able also in Sophia, i think it will be available on august 1.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
Sophia was massively helpful for me the last few months but I can't afford their normal rates when there are so many cheaper options.
If you can find promo codes that are essentially buy-one-get-two-free options then that's not too bad. But I didn't realize that those even exist until that past month or two. All these free classes have certainly made it possible for me to actually get a degree, though. I had pretty much given up on being able to get a degree.
Pulled the trigger and took this test today. I don't know how I did yet as I'm waiting for it to be graded.

In addition to the 60 multiple choice plus the 10 short answer questions, there was a 750 word essay that had to be submitted about insider trading based on an article on the SEC website. The syllabus lays out the questions that are required to be answered and the essay is worth 20% of your final grade. I found the essay hard to fluff up to the required word count but otherwise the content was easy enough as the questions are very specific and the article covers everything.

The 60 questions themselves were mostly covered by the provided PDF, I didn't buy or read the textbook. I did use modernstates to study for the CLEP version and I had completed maybe 50% of that.

I mostly just jumped in to it because I've never taken a Davar exam and the $15 rpnow fee seemed like a small price to pay for discovery. I feel really confident now that if I do need to retake, I'll pass easily.

The only question that really threw me was outlining the 4 types of franchising, I just completely spaced on 3 of them and made up some things that seemed likely at the time.

You're allowed 3 hours but I think I took just over 1.5 hours, including the 750 word essay which is submitted via email separate from the exam.

All in all, I think I really like Davar and the style of it. I'll definitely be looking to finish the last 5 courses I need to graduate from them.

Next up for me is Accounting 102.
Just received my score back, I got a 96 on the essay, 85 on the exam for a total of 87. I'm super happy with that and will definitely be using Davar to finish my degree.
[-] The following 2 users Like inkleind's post:
  • Ilianasmile, Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 303 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,295 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 2,971 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,386 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Can anyone share their experience with Edx Critical Business Skills course by SNHU? lorabel 7 1,453 03-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 603 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 809 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM