Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DBA/AACSB/Online/Cheap... does this exist?
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there is a DBA for accounting, that is AACSB accredited, online (or low residency), and cheap. I've been looking around and haven't seen anything that fits all of those criteria. Doubt it exits but thought I'd ask here. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
There currently isn't a program that meets all the requirements you listed. The main issue is the "cheap" part.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marcus Aurelius's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
There isn't a silver bullet here, there are options but you will need to compromise... If you have a master from an AACSB accredited school, I don't think it would matter much (in terms of teaching at an AACSB school). In any case your best bet is to go outside of the US.

The most renowned program that would somewhat fit your criteria is this I believe:
https://www.ebsglobal.net/programmes/dba
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
[-] The following 1 user Likes posabsolute's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
(06-17-2019, 08:56 AM)posabsolute Wrote: The most renowned program that would somewhat fit your criteria is this I believe:
https://www.ebsglobal.net/programmes/dba

If AACSB is important, EBS is ruled out. EBS doesn't have specialized accreditation in business, whether from an American agency like AACSB or a European or global agency like AMBA. At the master's level, EBS' open enrollment, self-study-heavy, examination-based format make it difficult to compare to other schools on some common metrics. Since 2017 EBS has been a member of AACSB, but this doesn't make it an AACSB school or its degrees AACSB degrees in common usage. "Membership does not confer AACSB Accreditation and should not be interpreted as such."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
I believe EQUIS and AMBA are considered international equivalents to AACSB, so looking at schools accredited by those two organizations might expand your options.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
@Jonathan Maybe I was not clear, but that was basically what I am saying. EBS is not AACSB accredited, but then the question is, does OP really knows why he wants it accredited.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
[-] The following 1 user Likes posabsolute's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
The University of North Carolina-Greensboro has an AACSB Accredited PhD in Business Administration that can be completed online. However, it is quite expensive in my opinion. I believe that the residency is minimal too for an AACSB online PhD program. I will have to double check when I get a moment.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
I want the AACSB accreditation because I want to become an accounting professor (as opposed to lecturer or instructor) at an AACSB school. Those salaries are off the charts for people with terminal accounting degrees.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
(06-17-2019, 04:58 PM)tesu-acct-student Wrote: I want the AACSB accreditation because I want to become an accounting professor (as opposed to lecturer or instructor) at an AACSB school. Those salaries are off the charts for people with terminal accounting degrees.

There's an effort to increase the number of accounting professors. If you don't mind being lower-middle class for a few years, you might find a traditional program with a $30k+ stipend.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
(06-17-2019, 04:58 PM)tesu-acct-student Wrote: I want the AACSB accreditation because I want to become an accounting professor (as opposed to lecturer or instructor) at an AACSB school. Those salaries are off the charts for people with terminal accounting degrees.

I agree with Sanantone. If I were you, I would take the traditional route, take the $30,000ish annual stipend and apply for positions when you are an ABD student. You will be glad you did when you create that network that a traditional PhD program gives you.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • tesu-acct-student

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any suggestion for online DBA doyouhowdo1 23 818 03-27-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Most Affordable Online PhD in CompSci or Cybersecurity wiresandscreens 34 3,107 02-16-2024, 03:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 846 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  2024 Online EdD Programs No Dissertation Required (Applied Capstone Projects) Imbanewbie 2 484 02-08-2024, 01:36 AM
  Looking for 2 year DBA online Bob Sham 42 6,854 01-04-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Johann1
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 508 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ABA Considers Accrediting Exclusively Online Law Schools Jonathan Whatley 1 421 12-01-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Texila American University - $7800 online PhD (multiple fields) Kalas 9 1,477 11-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  New ABA Accredited Online JD mcjon77 1 607 10-24-2023, 03:27 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
Question Absolute cheapest online JD program? Randyb100 22 11,485 10-23-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: nkout1983