Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DBA/AACSB/Online/Cheap... does this exist?
The problem for me with a traditional PhD is that my master's doesn't import into it. There is a whole other round of courses I need to take for those first couple years. There is very little about accounting in an accounting PhD, at least for the first 2-3 years. Weird but true. So it will be at least 2-3 years longer. For the DBA, I can likely finish it in three years total. Plus for the PhD I would need preparatory courses to even just begin. So realistically it is at least six years. I'm not young any longer. Those additional years matter to me. I appreciate the advice and perspective, but there's just no way I'm going to do a AACSB PhD.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
These are the cheapest programs I could find:

University of Wisconsin- Whitewater - $78k
Pace University - $55k
University of South Florida - $65k

https://www.topmanagementdegrees.com/ran...anagement/

Those tuition costs might be a little old. University of Wisconsin's program is now $84k.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
Oh wow, thanks for that. I had not seen Pace before.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
(06-17-2019, 08:40 PM)tesu-acct-student Wrote: Oh wow, thanks for that. I had not seen Pace before.

A word of caution on Pace University. It's a Doctor of Professional Studies housed in their AACSB-accredited business school. Technically, the program is covered by the business accreditation, but I don't know how it will be received by search committees at colleges and universities. Concentrations in finance, management, and marketing are available.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
Hi,

I was also looking for an AACSB accredited PHD/DBA program that is low residency or all at a distance.  If possible, going full time is obviously a better choice, but, for a lot of mid-career professionals who are one of the main breadwinners for the family, quitting work is not an option.  

You may want to look beyond the US at Stellenbosch University in South Africa.  They offer a research based (i.e. no actual doctoral classes and it is all research) program that takes about 2-5 years to complete and the tuition is in the neighborhood of $2-3k a year for a total cost of $7-10k for an AACSB/EQUIS/AMBA program. It is a PHD program in Business Administration that would likely allow you to concentrate your PHD in Accounting.

Other options for a DBA are going to cost you about $50k or more for AACSB US, UK, or European based programs.

https://www.usb.ac.za/course/phd-in-busi...istration/

Check it out.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan

EducationSeeker
[-] The following 1 user Likes EducationSeeker's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
Wow that's an awesome find EducationSeeker
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
You need a management-related master's with a thesis.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
EducationSeeker Wrote:Hi,

I was also looking for an AACSB accredited PHD/DBA program that is low residency or all at a distance.  If possible, going full time is obviously a better choice, but, for a lot of mid-career professionals who are one of the main breadwinners for the family, quitting work is not an option.  

You may want to look beyond the US at Stellenbosch University in South Africa.  They offer a research based (i.e. no actual doctoral classes and it is all research) program that takes about 2-5 years to complete and the tuition is in the neighborhood of $2-3k a year for a total cost of $7-10k for an AACSB/EQUIS/AMBA program. It is a PHD program in Business Administration that would likely allow you to concentrate your PHD in Accounting.

Other options for a DBA are going to cost you about $50k or more for AACSB US, UK, or European based programs.

https://www.usb.ac.za/course/phd-in-busi...istration/

Check it out.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan

EducationSeeker

Yes, this is one of the schools in Africa with the Triple Crown Accreditation in Business!
For that price and just 2 years, it's an amazing program if you can get in... Awesome...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-20-2019, 09:19 AM)posabsolute Wrote: Wow that's an awesome find EducationSeeker

In addition to Stellenbosch, the University of Cape Town, and the Univ. of Witwatersrand all have "triple crown" or AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA business school accreditation.  I think only Stellenbosch can be required all at a distance for a research based degree (i.e. no classes and you come up with research proposal for dissertation before you are accepted). 

You do need a master's degree and a research proposal.  For the masters, look at a competency based degree like WGU or if you want an AACSB accredited MBA, look at the following list. You could get an MBA for less than $10K.  Also, Stellenbosch does not discriminate against non-AACSB MBA's so you could look at cheaper options like WGU or Heriot Watt University or the Edinburgh Business School.  You could also look at Stellenbosch for their Master's program.

Cheapest AACSB MBA online programs
https://www.geteducated.com/online-colle...-mba-aacsb

I am looking at Stellenbosch for a PHD with an emphasis in Organizational Development or Coaching.  Also, if AACSB accreditation is not required, I would also recommend a Prof Doctorate (DProf) from the University of Wales or Christ Church Canterbury University for a degree program in Executive Coaching.  These programs are very applied and run about $5-6K a year for 4 years.  I do not think they take US student loans.

Basically, you could fund an entire BA, MBA, and PHD program totally student loan free for the following cost breakdown:

Big 3 Liberal Arts Degree or Bachelor's in Business for less than $6-7k
MBA - WGU or Heriot Watt University or AACSB online school mentioned above $5-14k
PHD - Stellenbosch University - 2-5 years cost is about $3-10k 

You could theoretically finish all 3 degree with an out the door price of less than $20-30k total debt without factoring any scholarships or support you could receive.

EducationSeeker
(06-25-2019, 10:44 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 09:19 AM)posabsolute Wrote: Wow that's an awesome find EducationSeeker

In addition to Stellenbosch, the University of Cape Town, and the Univ. of Witwatersrand all have "triple crown" or AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA business school accreditation.  I think only Stellenbosch can be required all at a distance for a research based degree (i.e. no classes and you come up with research proposal for dissertation before you are accepted). 

You do need a master's degree and a research proposal.  For the masters, look at a competency based degree like WGU or if you want an AACSB accredited MBA, look at the following list. You could get an MBA for less than $10K.  Also, Stellenbosch does not discriminate against non-AACSB MBA's so you could look at cheaper options like WGU or Heriot Watt University or the Edinburgh Business School.  You could also look at Stellenbosch for their Master's program.

Cheapest AACSB MBA online programs
https://www.geteducated.com/online-colle...-mba-aacsb

I am looking at Stellenbosch for a PHD with an emphasis in Organizational Development or Coaching.  Also, if AACSB accreditation is not required, I would also recommend a Prof Doctorate (DProf) from the University of Wales or Christ Church Canterbury University for a degree program in Executive Coaching.  These programs are very applied and run about $5-6K a year for 4 years.  I do not think they take US student loans.

Basically, you could fund an entire BA, MBA, and PHD program totally student loan free for the following cost breakdown:

Big 3 Liberal Arts Degree or Bachelor's in Business for less than $6-7k
MBA - WGU or Heriot Watt University or AACSB online school mentioned above $5-14k
PHD - Stellenbosch University - 2-5 years cost is about $3-10k 

You could theoretically finish all 3 degree with an out the door price of less than $20-30k total debt without factoring any scholarships or support you could receive.

EducationSeeker

Don't they require a master's thesis for admission? None of the competency-based master's programs have a thesis option.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any suggestion for online DBA doyouhowdo1 23 749 Yesterday, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Most Affordable Online PhD in CompSci or Cybersecurity wiresandscreens 34 3,096 02-16-2024, 03:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 842 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  2024 Online EdD Programs No Dissertation Required (Applied Capstone Projects) Imbanewbie 2 482 02-08-2024, 01:36 AM
  Looking for 2 year DBA online Bob Sham 42 6,842 01-04-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Johann1
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 504 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ABA Considers Accrediting Exclusively Online Law Schools Jonathan Whatley 1 420 12-01-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Texila American University - $7800 online PhD (multiple fields) Kalas 9 1,458 11-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  New ABA Accredited Online JD mcjon77 1 606 10-24-2023, 03:27 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
Question Absolute cheapest online JD program? Randyb100 22 11,421 10-23-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: nkout1983