Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST EXAMS: Computerized
I thought I read on IC that there were only a few DSST (DANTES) exams that were computerized. I talked with a rep from Thomson Prometric that administers the tests and all tests are now computerized except for Public Speaking, which makes sense. I may be wrong but I thought there were some posts concerning if the tests were available on computer.
blueyzz28 Wrote:I thought I read on IC that there were only a few DSST (DANTES) exams that were computerized. I talked with a rep from Thomson Prometric that administers the tests and all tests are now computerized except for Public Speaking, which makes sense. I may be wrong but I thought there were some posts concerning if the tests were available on computer.

I sat for the DSST exams at St. John's University in Flushing (Queens), New York in this past november and also last Saturday. They are still pencil-and-paper examinations at this location. I spoke with the coordinator at St. John's and she stated that there are no plans to computerize anytime soon.

I do not know if there are other locatons in the New York City area that have started the computerized versions. I for one would have liked to know how I did as soon as the test was over,as is the case with the computrized exams. I guess I will have to wait a couple of weeks for the score. I got the last set of results within two weeks, and Excelsior had it posted to my status report about four weeks after they recieved the transcript from Thomson Prometric.

Till next time,
Mike
My education office here on base only offers pencil and paper DSST exams. I wish that they were computerized. I have been waiting over 3 weeks now for my results from my Org Behavior test :confused:
My site offers DSST exams in Computer format. Does anyone know if you receive your results immediately like the CLEP exams if you take the DSST CBT? I haven't taken one since they went to the computerized version.

Thanks in advance for the info...
B2MANLEY Wrote:Does anyone know if you receive your results immediately like the CLEP exams if you take the DSST CBT? .

[SIZE="2"]Yes, they are given to you instantly![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I took Here's to Your Health on 12/21 via computer testing, and although I was given my score right then (I passed!), it's now 1/25 and I'm still waiting for my school to receive official notice of the exam score so they can give me credit. Is this normal? I'm not sure who to contact for this type of question either. I sent an email through the test site's customer service 48 hrs ago, but haven't received a response.

By the way, I can't imagine having to fill in with pencil all the answers - computer was the way to go. The website has all the tests (except maybe speech), it's just that the centers may not have the internet and PC access for test takers to use.
nynavey Wrote:By the way, I can't imagine having to fill in with pencil all the answers - computer was the way to go. The website has all the tests (except maybe speech), it's just that the centers may not have the internet and PC access for test takers to use.

[SIZE="2"]Not only did you avoid those nasty number 2 lead pencil bubbles but you received your score then and there without having to wait by your mailbox holding your breath for 3-weeks too!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
All tests (exept PS) computerized = yes
All test centers computerized = no

I wish they were. There is not a CBT location within 200 miles of me. I'd much rather have the instant gratification of a quick score. I just took Principles of Supervision and Intro to Business and am going to have to wait weeks to get scores...

On the other hand I definately want the paper version for Finance and Money and Banking. I don't understand why we can't choose...

Oh well.
Dale H.
half way...
Enrolled - BS-BGB Excelsior
Completed - 65 credits
Togo - 4 CLEP, 6 DSST, 2 ECE, 1 EC Course, 1 TECEP
This link will help you find out what locations are computerized.
DANTES SUBJECT STANDARDIZED TESTS (DSSTs)
LuBee
I finshed all of my credits for a BA in Art from TESC
CLEP Credits:
[SIZE="1"]6 Biology (67)
3 US Hist 1 (67)
6 SS & Hist (68)
3 US Hist 2 (66)
3 Amer Gov (67)
6 Amer Lit (73)
6 Hum (73)
3 Ed Psy (71)
3 H G & D (70)
3 Intro Psy (74)
3 Intro to Soc (75)
6 College Math (68)
6 A & I Lit (72)
[/SIZE]DSST:
[SIZE="1"]3 Intro Computing (65)
3 Here's to Your Health (64)[/SIZE]
Other Credits:
[SIZE="1"]3 PLA Painting 1
3 TECEP Psy of Women (78/100)
3 TECEP Art Hist 2 (81/100)
3 Dept Exam English 1
45 Traditional[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 369 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,593 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,457 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,396 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
Information New Batch of Microsoft Exams are now ACE(data, cloud, cs, UL) MNomadic 5 1,396 04-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: jch
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,179 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Cambridge International Exams - A Level or AS Level exams Lydclrk 1 717 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
Exclamation Is Sophia similar to Study in terms of course format and allow Open Book exams? OP88 4 1,323 05-26-2021, 05:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,109 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,691 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az