Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Ethics
I'm scheduled to take the Ethics in America exam tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'm ready. It may be exam aniety due to a recent failure. My IC scoring is +80% Ethical Traditions, +55% Analysis and +65% Relationships. I was fairly confident since alot of the wrong answers were typos. However, I just took the DSST Official Test Prep and scored 55%.

I've heard people say if you get over 50% on the practice exam you're ready. I believed that until I failed English Comp after scoring 78% on the practice exam. Is 55% on the practice exam enough to pass? Is it possible to reshedule an exam?
I’ve heard about the 50% rule as well, but never really followed it. I schedule the test in advance and study like hell until I can not stay awake any longer the night before the test. (Have a test tomorrow morning and guess what I’m doing up????)

This DSST Ethics test was an easy test. If you’re scoring that good on the IC questions, you will do fine tomorrow. Just take your time, relax and read each question thoroughly. I have a bad habit of answering the questions too quickly and never fully read the question. This is even more important on this test. (Side note: I took the ECE Ethics exam too and scored a B on it with only studying the IC materials. 3 addition upper level credits with limited studying – I’d recommend additional study materials for the ECE test because that test was substantially harder that the DSST. I must have guessed well.)

DSST exams are not timed, so take as long as you want.

My Test Center has allowed me to reschedule a test 5 minutes before I was scheduled to take it. This of course will differ amongst test centers.

Good luck. Be sure to tell us how you did when you get your results.

P
You're probably ready but I would take a bit of extra time until you feel more confident. It sounds like you're confidence may be a little shaken at the moment. You don't want to panic during the exam and fail because of nerves. I've passed a couple of CLEP exams and multiple DANTES and haven't filled in the answers on the flash cards; I answer in my head. As long as you're getting around 85-90% of the flash cards correct you should be fine for this test. Do you know if your universtiy requires the essay or not?
Fondue, have you taken the DSST practice tests yet? If not, you can still take one tonight and get a better feel for where you are - based on items that very closely relate to the real exam. They're relatively cheap and very effective.

http://www.getcollegecredit.com

There's usually two versions; although you have to pay for each, you can take each 2 times. Given how much time you have, try to take both versions both times.

Good luck! Don't let the anxiety get to you, you'll do great! :p
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I decided to take the exam. After part one I was confident and quite pleased, +40 question down +60 to go. Part two wore me out, but I'm still confident of a passing score.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 655 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,468 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 758 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,181 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,113 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,706 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 2,896 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 782 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 2,970 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST World Religion Exam HELP hjborn@yahoo.com 4 1,348 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hjborn@yahoo.com