Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems
Can you get credit (6CR) for DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems from the big three or will only 3CR be allowed from the schools. 

I did search the forum but didn't find the answer.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
At TESU, these are considered duplicates, both coming in as COS-101.

Not sure about the other 2.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the confirmation.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
ummm....

Management Information Systems CIS-301 Management Information Systems 3 1/31/20
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/dsst

Information Systems COS-101 Introduction to Computers 3 12/31/20
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Yenisei
Sorry, I thought it was Computing and Information Technology DSST.

MIS DSST comes into TESU as CIS-301. These 2 courses shouldn't duplicate each other at any of the Big 3.

BTW, the CLEP is called Information Systems and Computer Applications, not Business Info Systems.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-30-2018, 02:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Sorry, I thought it was Computing and Information Technology DSST.

MIS DSST comes into TESU as CIS-301.  These 2 courses shouldn't duplicate each other at any of the Big 3.

BTW, the CLEP is called Information Systems and Computer Applications, not Business Info Systems.

I was going to take MIS as one of my UL requirements, but I noticed that the TESU website, DSST, and ACE are all saying it's lower level. Did this recently change??

(06-05-2018, 04:19 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 02:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Sorry, I thought it was Computing and Information Technology DSST.

MIS DSST comes into TESU as CIS-301.  These 2 courses shouldn't duplicate each other at any of the Big 3.

I was going to take MIS as one of my UL requirements, but I noticed that the TESU website, DSST, and ACE are all saying it's lower level. Did this recently change??

It has always been LL as far as I know, TESU just used to bring it in as UL.

I'm not sure why they lowered this one, but haven't changed some of the others that are LL on ACE but come in as UL (Business Ethics, HRM, Org  Behavior), nor why they still won't consider things that ACE considers UL but they bring in as LL (Intro to Law Enforcement, The Civil War).  So weird.
They put it in as UL in my eval. Does that mean they will challenge it when I go to graduate? This is getting to be really bullshitty. I mean the goal posts keep moving. At what point to you just say screw it and walk away?
(06-05-2018, 05:42 PM)fork Wrote: They put it in as UL in my eval. Does that mean they will challenge it when I go to graduate? This is getting to be really bullshitty. I mean the goal posts keep moving. At what point to you just say screw it and walk away?

Usually, when it comes in and they put it on your transcript, that's what it will stay.  They don't normally make rules retroactive, and change transcripts.  So I think you're safe.

I came in at a time when some CC courses could be considered UL, and they didn't change any of mine, and I will graduate this month.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • sarg123
Yep, DSST MIS definitely comes in as LL at TESU; confirmed it today with my advisor I've been working with. Fortunately I have other UL options I can take.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU Information Literacy mysonx3 2 2,226 09-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,310 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,813 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,006 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,502 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,828 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,682 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,462 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,975 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat