Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST location options
Am I missing something? I live about 4 hours from the closest testing center according to Getcollegecredit. Our local college talks about Dantes exams and paper or iBT exams. Is there any chance that there’s another option to take the tests? I had hoped to use DSSTs. Here’s what the college said, which made me think there might be other options:  

DANTES
DANTES funds paper-based DSST testing for eligible Service members and civilian examinees at DANTES Test Centers and at national test centers (colleges and universities) offering the Internet-based (iBT) DSSTs. Board of Regents policy on specific courses for which credit is given and other requirements are found at DANTES testing guidelines
I wanted to add that there are local CLEP exam center options at the colleges, so is there a chance they offer DSST exams too and just aren’t listed on the website?
(02-23-2019, 04:38 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Am I missing something? I live about 4 hours from the closest testing center according to Getcollegecredit. Our local college talks about Dantes exams and paper or iBT exams. Is there any chance that there’s another option to take the tests? I had hoped to use DSSTs. Here’s what the college said, which made me think there might be other options:  

DANTES
DANTES funds paper-based DSST testing for eligible Service members and civilian examinees at DANTES Test Centers and at national test centers (colleges and universities) offering the Internet-based (iBT) DSSTs. Board of Regents policy on specific courses for which credit is given and other requirements are found at DANTES testing guidelines

"DANTES funds...testing for eligible...." means that our servicemen get free DSST exams- doesn't apply to regular folks.
"Board of Regents...." is your college's list of what they'll give credit for.

I pulled their list, it was updated 08/2018 so probably a good list.

Unfortunately, this just means they'll give you credit, it doesn't mean they'll offer an exam. You could always email DSST just to see if anyone new was approved but not yet on the list- otherwise, you might want to look at other options or at the very least, doubling up when you drive out to take a test. I'd take 2-3 per trip.
Thanks Jennifer. I’ll focus on my other options, since I’m just beginning anyways.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bethanyneedsajob's post:
  • cookderosa
(02-23-2019, 10:56 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Thanks Jennifer. I’ll focus on my other options, since I’m just beginning anyways.

Something else to consider, if you have any kind of military base or station near you, they will almost certainly be an approved testing center. And, it wouldn't hurt to ask your closest CLEP college testing center to add DSST to their menu.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the quickest social science options for the BOG? Midnightsky7 13 1,391 05-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Statistics - options now (quick and easy) allvia 5 1,114 04-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Difficulty - Alternative Credit Options splirow 17 3,258 09-19-2021, 10:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU sociology options? Fibrazer 2 647 03-11-2021, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Fibrazer
  Foreigner: any way to get a degree online - no CLEP DSST tomokaicho 21 2,496 01-22-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Geometry and Credit Banking Options acamp 13 2,130 01-08-2021, 09:51 AM
Last Post: acamp
  DSST question on Management Information Systems - BA in Comp Sci dtwallace 3 828 12-29-2020, 10:18 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Civics Options - What did you like/hate Tlm 29 2,658 09-03-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Decision Time - Straighterline, CLEP, DSST, or Study.com dh5150 22 3,045 08-29-2020, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Public Speaking Options jthatcher50 3 1,085 04-28-2020, 06:27 PM
Last Post: jthatcher50