Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST not upper level
Hi, Guys.

I need some help here. I am going for the TESU BSBA in General Management. I did a bunch of DSST's and noticed just today nothing transfered
over as Upper Level. I was following Sanantones' BSBA guide from before. I thought MAN INFO SYSTEMS transferred over as a UP. Also, OR Behavior isnt UP. Did something change? Hope someone can shed some light on this. Thanks.
That's correct. See this list on TESU's website.

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/dsst
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Not sure where you found it but I'm pretty sure that Sanatone's BSBA plan is years out of date. The newest plan I can see is from 2015. It's not going to work at all except by very broad strokes - in the same way that TESU's degree listing is a degree plan. For something that's actually up to date, check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hey mark14, My question is have you applied to TESU and do you have credits transferred over to them already? You might want to copy/paste your academic evaluation or get a screenshot of your credits, we can see what is missing and can provide you cheap, easy, fast options to get the BSBA GM at TESU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-12-2021, 03:12 PM)mark14 Wrote: Hi, Guys.

I need some help here. I am going for the TESU BSBA in General Management. I did a bunch of DSST's and noticed just today nothing transfered
over as Upper Level. I was following Sanantones' BSBA guide from before. I thought MAN INFO SYSTEMS transferred over as a UP. Also, OR Behavior isnt UP. Did something change? Hope someone can shed some light on this. Thanks.

Yes, you used a plan that is years out of date.  There are lots of newer plans available, and you can use those as LL electives, and then take the UL versions elsewhere (Study.com has the most UL available); also Davar, maybe Coopersmith, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the help everyone! That sinks but oh, well. I have taken two davar academy classes with went well. I was thinking on taking Internation Finace, Principles of Sales, and Org Behavior from there to finish the upper level classes. Would that work?
Yup, take all 3 at Davar, it'll be the cheapest/easiest/fastest option to finish.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-14-2021, 11:20 AM)mark14 Wrote: Thanks for the help everyone! That sinks but oh, well. I have taken two davar academy classes with went well. I was thinking on taking Internation Finace, Principles of Sales, and Org Behavior from there to finish the upper level classes. Would that work?

You need to email academic advising to confirm these classes are upper-level/fit in your degree plan before you take them.

Sending an email that takes 2min is a lot quicker than wasting time taking classes you don't need.

Pay $50 a year to stay enrolled by taking 1 credit TECEP.  With the student discounts for Amazon prime, MS office, Spotify, etc you basically get your money back.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ss20ts
(05-14-2021, 01:55 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 11:20 AM)mark14 Wrote: Thanks for the help everyone! That sinks but oh, well. I have taken two davar academy classes with went well. I was thinking on taking Internation Finace, Principles of Sales, and Org Behavior from there to finish the upper level classes. Would that work?

You need to email academic advising to confirm these classes are upper-level/fit in your degree plan before you take them.

Sending an email that takes 2min is a lot quicker than wasting time taking classes you don't need.

Pay $50 a year to stay enrolled by taking 1 credit TECEP.  With the student discounts for Amazon prime, MS office, Spotify, etc you basically get your money back.

Luckily we have people on this forum who have actually brought these courses into TESU already, so we know how they'll come in.

But it certainly makes sense to get enrolled at TESU sooner rather than later.  The main benefits (besides getting access to advising, which has downsides as well) is that you're locked into the catalog, and are normally notified of any upcoming changes, as well as getting any courses you take locked in at whatever they are when you send them in; so let's say you took the Davar courses and they were UL when you sent them to TESU - if at some point later in the process, they decide that all Davar courses are LL, if you have them on your eval as UL, they stay that way. So my advice is to apply, send in your transcripts, get an eval, take a TECEP exam that you need anyway, and then take courses alternatively and send them in as you go (at least several times a year).  Especially with ones where it's free to send (SL, Study.com, Sophia, Davar, Coopersmith), there is just no downside to sending a course the minute you finish it and get it on your eval.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-14-2021, 01:55 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Stay clear of TESU advising as much as possible. Only contact them when there is no other choice. When it comes to Davar, they seem to be really on the ball about keeping their site updated as to which courses are accepted as what. So you don't really have to contact advising at all.

I do agree that you should enroll as soon as possible and stay enrolled by paying for the TECEP, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 223 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  Need 300/400 level credits? tomheany 4 783 01-16-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 504 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  DSST can't insert school code when remote proctoring. Carnation 1 224 11-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSST Transcript help needed GameSlinger 5 875 08-15-2023, 02:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Taking DSST Ethics In Technology Exam Tomorrow Kyler 0 474 07-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kyler
  I got a 71/100 on dsst ethics in tech practice Kyler 3 676 06-26-2023, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Kyler
  DSST Exam Prep Brittanyw1028 5 916 06-09-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  DSST Exam Prep Brittanyw1028 0 877 06-08-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Brittanyw1028
Wink Has anyone here attempted the Geography DSST examination? Judy Stone 0 537 05-21-2023, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Judy Stone